It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

miss flump HB User
Different vaginal odour, but is this still BV?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and thought I'd come on here for some reassurance and advice. Sorry if I'm graphic, but I figure the only way to get any answers is if I am as detailed as possible.

I've had BV in the past (about 2.5 years ago) and this was successfully treated with Metronidazole, but I think I've got it again and it's been ongoing for about two months this time and it is ten times worse!

I can't blame it on sex as me and my partner haven't been sexually active for some time and weren't sleeping together before it started.

I firstly noticed an odour (not fishy) that was more like flatulence even though I hadn't passed wind, and this was sometimes stronger after urinating, but this seems to have disappeared.

The smell has also been almost 'gassy' or 'metallic' at times and also smelled like stale milk. I think the milk smell might have been due to thrush from the meds I have been taking. Even so, the odor seemed very strong. The milk smell was also sometimes stronger after I'd eaten pro-biotic yogurt.

Sometimes if I have my hand between my legs, my hands smell as the odor comes through my clothes and it smells faintly metallic. Almost like I've had coins in my hands.

Do you think this is still BV? Has anyone else had similar odors?

In the last two months I've had

2 x 1 day course of Metronidazole
1 x 7 day course of Metronidazole
started another day course given to me by medical centre but went to docs shortly after so stopped taking them.

He has given me
Metronidazole gel ( 5 days ) and
Clindamycin cream (finish in two nights) and although these seem to be helping the most, I've a feeling I'll still be suffering afterwards.

Another thing I've noticed this time is that my back passage seems slightly irritated. Not enough to make me itch, but it is noticeable.

I'm wearing cotton underwear, taking acidophillus, eating pro-biotic yogurt, not using shower gel to wash these areas, tea tree oil, but nothing's helping!

I'm at my wit's end.

Does this still seem like BV? Has anyone else had the same odors I describe?

Incidentally, I could do with losing 50lbs, could this have anything to do with it? Is it just a sweaty groin and I don't recognise the smell?

I think I should also mention that I shower and change my underwear everyday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ,

Miss Flump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Different vaginal odour, but is this still BV?

Are you taking iron pills? When I take them at times they cause my urine to smell like metal and my discharge will smell like also. Excess of B vitamins causes the same thing.

When I take the probiotic's in excess I get a gel discharge from my anus that kinda smells like metal. This just happened to me this week. I took way more than I should in combonation with acidophillus and I had a really bad uncontrolable discharge from my anus. I never had any body movement. I just leeked out and made it wet down there.

I'd aske your doctor to be sure. If it is BV and goes untreated it can lead to PID.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

miss flump HB User
Re: Different vaginal odour, but is this still BV?

Thank you so much for your reply. I can see how busy this forum gets and appreciate your response!!
I'd never given the pro-biotics much thought before you mentioned them. I have been making sure I eat yogurt every day and take acidophilus tablets. Perhaps I'm overdoing it now.

I forgot to mention in my previous message that I went to my doctor who took swabs two weeks ago. I called today for my results having just finished my clindamycin and my result was clear! Even more confusing given the odor I've had.

I am now thinking the smell could be from my back passage rather than BV. Maybe it could be to do with the fact that I have recently stopped eating meat.
I will keep it in check and post back.
Thanks. x

Closed Thread