It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
(female)

adub83 HB User
Red face worried...just had sex after colposcopy/biopsy of cervix only 2 days ago

so i just made a big mistake. i had sex with my boyfriend. and i just had a colposcopy done 2 days ago, where the dr. removed for biopsy 3 areas on my cervix. i am taking clondamyacin cream, but only every other night. that is suppose to be an antibiotic for those areas that he cut from so they dont get infected. i got my results back today, abnormal cells came back negative for malignancy.
but during sex i started bleeding, it was not uncomfortable. but i definitely felt pain afterwards. i am afraid that i have made a mistake that will cause those areas to not stop bleeding! i know that you are supposed to wait 2 weeks to have sex after the procedure. but my doctor didn't tell me that. i just found it out by looking this up on the internet. we both knew that sex would not be a good idea, but one thing led to another and it happened. at the time i thought it would be worth it. but now i am slightly freaking out.
should i be worried????????????
any feedback would help, i am rather paranoid.

Last edited by adub83; 08-10-2007 at 02:47 AM. Reason: had to remove words that would affect my privacy

Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
(female)

maryjane1984 HB User
Re: worried...just had sex after colposcopy/biopsy of cervix only 2 days ago

uh oh! is it really 2 whole weeks? My dr. told me 4 days for no sex or tampons. Congrats on your results coming back negative..! not sure what happens if you break that sex-fast early or what, but believe me it's tempting to try. I would call your dr. about it. My doc. didn't tell me not to exercise that day and I did, and ended up not feeling well down there for the rest of the night. I'm sure your body will heal itself, but yeah...ask your dr.!

Why won't they tell you what you need to know? So very frustrating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: worried...just had sex after colposcopy/biopsy of cervix only 2 days ago

I had 2 D&C's done and afterwards, the discharge papers from the hospital specifically stated to abstain from all sexual activity and no tampons for at least 2 weeks after the procedure. I remember that clearly because I didn't want to do anything to affect my recovery.

I think the reason why they do that is because the potential for infection is rather great after a procedure such as that one (and the one that you had also). You have to consider that the sperm could potentially cause an infection or something, and that's why they tell you to abstain.

Probably the best thing to do at this point would be to call your doc's office and ask your doctor whether you should worry. I know that after a biopsy that your cervix is much more suceptible for infection, so you should find out from your doctor whether you need to worry. I'm frankly not surpised about the bleeding, but if it gets to be a lot more where you're soaking through pads and stuff, then you'll have to consider that something is very wrong.

But just call and ask. I mean, the doctor is supposed to be there for you for these types of questions after that type of procedure.

Closed Thread