It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #1
(female)

bevv1 HB User
vaginal ingrown hair

This could be something else like herpes or warts, but after looking at pictures and reading about how those things look and feel, I'm pretty positive I have an ingrown hair on my vagina. It's a single decent-sized reddish pimple-like bump.
It's on the side of my vagina on the flat skin between the lips the thigh where the hair grows. I recently started shaving and have been just using a regular pit shaver... and now I think I'm paying for it.

My hair down there is thick, but it grows slowly, so I'm assuming that's why it's so hard for me to squeeze it out.

I tried that hot compress thing, but it didn't seem to be doing the trick. I can't find enough of it to really grab onto and yank out.

It's so big that it's starting to hurt! Please help!

Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to bevv1:
netsebring41 (02-02-2012)
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

remtana HB User
Re: vaginal ingrown hair

I've had similar issues in the same spot. They usually were ingrown hairs. If it doesn't go away, I'd go see a doc.

Keep using the hot compress too. That really helped me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
(female)

hobobump HB User

hi
i feel for you i have had many. i no this is going to sound really embrassing but what i did was got a neddle and got my partner to gentle poke the head of it and gently squez and it came out. get some one close to you to do it or yourself if you can. i have had many of these and they have been very painful good luck

Old 08-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
(female)

sfcb HB User

I know this is going to sound crazy, but my grandmother says to eat a small box of raisins a day. She says that helps keeping you from getting ingrown hairs.
Also the hot compress's help...Use a heating pad and a wet cloth, the wet heat is the best.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I had a similar bump in the same general area that you described. An ingrown hair was the most rational thought I had, but just to be safe and to ease my paranoia I went to the gyno to have it looked at. It was an ingrown hair. I've been shaving down there for years and this is the first ingrown hair that I've ever had in that area.

All the doctor told me to do was use a hot compress. I'd put a damp wash cloth in the microwave long enough to make it hot, but not hot enough to be unbareable on my skin. It didn't work the first time. I'd used the compress then do what I could with tweezers or my fingers. I wouldn't poke around too much. It was sore and irritated already. And if it wasn't coming out easily, then there was no use forcing it. Finally, a couple hot compresses later (about 2 days after the doctor visit), the hair finally made its way to a point where I could grab it with a tweezer. A bit painful.. but the bump/swelling around the bump was down by the next morning, and the pain was gone with it. It took about a day or two for the bump and redness to fully go away.

My point.. just be patient and keep trying the compresses.

Last edited by jen52983; 08-24-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
(female)

Heba1986 HB User

to prevent the ingrown hair in any area!
girls before removing the hair, you have to use any kind of skin scrubs,then use alchohol to clean the area before taking of the hair and after removing the hair use an antibiotic ointment
that would prevent the ingrown hair from coming back again
and don`t forget to gently exflote your skin from time to time using warm water to rinse
good luck!!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

If you are sexually active I would not rule out herpes especially since you are not getting anything out of it. The first canker sore can look like that and but nothing ever comes out of it. Better have it checked out.

Closed Thread