It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Feeling very silly for worrying about this

Hi everyone,

My dh had a vasectomy back in Nov. 06. He never went back for any of the counts after the fact because he works all the time and just couldn't be bothered.

Anyway, the past two weeks I have been very tired. I chalked it all up to PMS (my period was due on Saturday the 18th) even though I was a lot more tired than usual. Saturday came and to my surprise I didn't get my period. I have a 28 day cycle and I am like clockwork. I tried not to think much of it because I figured if the vasectomy "didn't work" then I surely would have known by now. I woke up Sunday and still no period and so I went to do my groceries. I was at the deli counter and all of a sudden I got very hot and felt like I was going to be sick and got horrible pains in my back. I ended up having to leave the store because I just didn't feel right. I got home and figured maybe I got my period, but again, no such luck. I did finally start spotting later in the day, however, it is nothing like my normal flow. I have since been spotting on and off and am still extremely tired, which normally would have gone away the day I got my period.

So, I plan on going to buy a HPT "just in case" tomorrow. I feel silly because, like I said, my husband had a vasectomy and I have been spotting for the past few days. I guess I am thinking this way because the fatigue I am experiencing is a lot like when I was pregnant with both of my dds. I also have been drinking so much water because I am constantly feeling thirsty (another thing I dealt with in my previous pregnancies). It also doesn't help that I had a few of dreams that I was pregnant in the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, am I crazy for worrying about this? Honestly, you can tell me I'm worrying for nothing and I will appreciate it. It's just that I know my body and I keep feeling like something just isn't right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Feeling very silly for worrying about this

Have you done the HPT yet? My hubby had a vasectomy and didn't go back for the counts, either. I still get very nervous and he had it done in December of last year! So, I don't think you're being silly, at all! I do think you are okay, espcially since you started spotting.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

I know two people (best friend from highschool & office manager) who both got pregnant after their DH's had vasectomies. My friend got pregnant about 4-5 months after her husband got snipped, and my office manager got pregnant 6 years later. It was crazy!

My husband had his vasectomy in Oct '06 and we still use extra protection because he's never gone back in for his check. I keep bugging him about it.

Good luck!
PCOS

Old 08-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

I did take the HPT and it came back negative.

My poor husband is now stuck listening to me harassing him about getting his counts done. I will have to tell him about your office manager getting pregnant 6 years morrisun. If anything will get him motivated that will!

Thanks for your replies!

Closed Thread