It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Question on breast tenderness

I am 19 days from the last time I started my monthly cycle. Is it normal for the breasts to be tender and the nipples to be a little sore? If not, any ideas of what causes sore nipples? Thanks for replying. I just don't think I have noticed this before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
(male)

Pokiebear1278 HB User
Re: Question on breast tenderness

I don't know how to delete these

Last edited by Pokiebear1278; 05-16-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

It's probably PMS or ovulation depending on your cycle length. Many women get sore breasts with PMS due to the buildup of the hormone progesterone. I always got sore breasts whenever I would ovulate (this is the time of the cycle when estrogen peaks); ovulation occurs on cycle day 14 for a regular 28 day cycle, but while my cycles were pretty regular, I would ovulate on different days (as early as day 11 and as late as day 18), so it's not always the same each month.

Pregnancy can cause sore breasts, but pregnancy sore breasts are super, super sore. So sore if someone touches them, you just want to throw their hand off (at least this was my experience). It was HUGELY different from normal sore breasts I'd get around ovulation each cycle.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

Thanks for the replies. It's not pregancy because I have had my tubes tied so, hopefully its just that time. I usually go one month 28day and the next 25 or 26 days. It goes back and forth. Sometimes, I will go 29 or 30 days! But thanks again for your feedback!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

This happens to me gradually after ovulation. The closer i get to my period the bigger/fuller my breasts tend to get. About half way between ovulation and my period, for about a week, my breasts end up so sore that when i take my bra off it feels as though i have a bowling ball hanging off the end of each nipple!! Not to mention that the heat radiating from each breast is enough in my opinion to power a generator to light up a small town!!

I end up having to have varying bra sizes in my wardrobe depending on the stage of my cycle i'm up to and i'm not big breasted either, only an average B cup.

I have always been told that it's a symptom of PMS. It's the only one i get, i dont get moody or grouchy at this time. I was also told that it can be alleviated by not eating anything with sugar, caffeine, no rubbishy foods like chips or biscuits etc, but to drink plenty of water and stick to ultra healthy foods. However i do eat quite healthy, but at this time my favourite snack is potato chips (or crisps). Some people love chocolate at this time, but i'm more savoury.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Florencita HB User

My breasts are killing me . .my nipples are even worse. I have a very irregular period, but I knew I was due to get it sometime around the beginning of this month. Well, last friday,(11/2) I was using the bathroom and when I wiped, it was pink. So I grabbed a tampon and you know the drill. Well, a few hours later, I went to change my tampon and it was completely dry. So, I thought that I'd just put in another one. Well, a couple hours later . . still dry. Well, needless to say, it's now 11/8, and it hasn't come back. I took a preg test on 10/31 and it was negative. WELL . . forget it folks . . just took another test and there were two lines!!! I'm pregnant!!

Last edited by Florencita; 11-08-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

Well - that is something I can totally relate to - my breasts become so very sore during ovulation that it is painful to even put on my bra! The funny thing is that after I had my tubal (after my 4th child I knew I wouldn't want anymore!) that is when the symptoms of breast tenderness started for me. I never had a problem with them before the tubal, only after along with mega cramps on my first day of menstruation. There is something called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome and it affects women who have had a tubal. Doctors are divided on this "syndrome" but more and more are beginning to understand that hundreds of women who experience the same thing can't all be making it up.

PTLS can cause severe breast tenderness, major cramping, heavy period flow, irregular mood swings, irritability. Most doctors will diagnose as just PMDD but in most instances women who have had a tubel may actually have PTLS instead.

Closed Thread