It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

jojotigerlily HB User
endometrial biopsy TODAY

I had this done today. A few weeks ago my doc did a saline ultra sound. AND found 2 very large polyps. So, today I had a biopsy done. I took MOTRIN an hour before. She gave me a shot in my cervic to numb the area. I was fine up unitil she started the biopsy. WOW - talk about cramps. It was a suction biopsy, it lasted about 15 -20 seconds. SHe said I did great and most of her patients ask her to stop in between because of the cramps. I never had kids, I never had surgery except my widoms, so this was quit painfull I must say. But it didnt last long. They were really bad cramps...I am spotting now, mild cramps, I am so happy its over. I was a wreck.
In ONE month I am going for a D&C - then after that my tubes will be checked, then hopefully I can FINALLY have a baby!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
(female)

jojotigerlily HB User
Re: endometrial biopsy TODAY

Hello everyone.
Tuesday I go for my outpatient surgery, I am having Hysteroscopy, D&C and a Polypectomy all at once. I will be under LOCAL anthesia, not general. I am a little nervous, not too bad, but I was wondering if anyone ever had this surgery under LOCAL ? The doc said I will be asleep...but its not general. I am just wondering, I dont want to feel this...
any comments?
Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

Clem52 HB User

Ask him if you are having sedation--that's not technically general anesthesia, but it is quite calming and makes you feel sleepy if they use enough. it is delivered through an IV. It sounds like a lot of stuff to do with only local. And if he says you will be sleepy, there's something more going on. He might call it MAC anesthesia, and different people react differently--some get very relaxed, others feel awake but aren't concerned with what is going on, some don't remember anything. I would definitely check though--sometimes they use something called Versed, which just blocks memory and doesn't do anything for pain (although you are having a local, so that shouldn't be an issue)--I would ask for something else in the cocktail, like Fentanyl, so you are sure not to feel any pain. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

jojotigerlily HB User

my doc said I wont feel anything during the surgery at all and I will be asleep. And they are giving it to me thru IV. Does anyone know what this could be? She also said, afterwards I will probably only need ADVIL or TYLENOL for any pain.
Any insights?

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
(female)

jojotigerlily HB User
FOUR POLYPS FOUND during procedure

Well the procedure was not that bad at all! The worst part was the nurse trying to find a vein for my IV, they hide, and are in very deep. My husband was there with me until they wheeled me away. I had an afternon surgery so, I had to wait until 2:30 in the afternoon. I went like 17 hours with no water or food, I was so cranky. But let me tell you, this TWILIGHT sedataion, you dont remember anything, I remember getting on the operating table, my arms being strapped down, and my doc saying HI JOANNE, and that was it, I was OUT! I was woken up a half hour later, they wheeled me in the recoveryroom where I was there for only a hour then I went home. While in recovery it took some time for my blood pressure to come up, they said because I needed electrolyes, so they opened the saline IV full force, I had crackers and ginger ale, I started to feel good.
My doc came in and gave me my pics, she found four polyps and removed them and gave me a D&C. I left there with cramps, nothing major and some bleeding. I slept good last night, I just woke up. Still very mild cramps and very light bleeding now, I am relieved its over. It was a piece of cake!!!

Closed Thread