It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

PinkPony86 HB User
Consistent vaginal bleeding for 4 months

Hi. I am a 21 year old women and I have had consistent vaginal bleeding for a little over four months. I am sexually active, but I have used protection. It is in my family to have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). I have not seen a doctor yet, but I have an apointment. I have had some dizziness spells and times where I feel nauses. I also have cramps. If anybody has any idea of what could be wrong please let me know. Thank you.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

hannahph HB User
Re: Consistent vaginal bleeding for 4 months

You may have a polyp or fibroid in your uterus causing the bleeding. It's like having something in there all the time that your uterus is trying to expell causing the bleeding.I am sure there are all kinds of reasons but I don know this is pretty common.It's good that you are getting it checked out but try not to worry too much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

CreedFan99 HB User

I feel your pain I have been bleeding non-stop, with lots of clots, since Memorial Day. You should definitely go to the doctor, and keep us updated on what they do...my docs have been bouncing me from one birth control pill to another, right now I'm on Femcon, and the only change is the clots are smaller, and the pain is a bit more persistent. Mostly I've just heard wait...wait another month...wait 2 months....sigh.

The dizziness might be anemia, though when you go to the doctor they will probably draw blood to see what your blood count is. I've been fortunate enough to only be borderline anemic, and I'm just really really tired sometimes.

I saw you posted yesterday, when is your appointment?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
(female)

PinkPony86 HB User

I cant go to the doctor till after october 1st because I dont have insurance. I am a donator at the blood bank and I have been trying to donate, but you have to have a blood count of at least 38, but mine has been as low as 34 and this is with in the past 1 1/2 months. I am really stuck and don't know what to do. I thought about going to the emergency room, but I was told not to go to the emergency room unless I was near death because of how expensive it is. Anyway, I will keep you all posted on what is going on. Please let me know how you are doing as well and what birth control seems to regulate you and help. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
(female)

CreedFan99 HB User

I went to the ER in July for passing clots about the size of my palm....it happened again last night. I wish every woman got health care for free, the kind of burden we all carry around with us, we deserve it! Doc told me to take a Women's one-a-day to replace the iron loss... and prescribed Ibuprofen to restrict the blood vessels...I'm sensitive to Ibuprofen, so I haven't taken it yet, but it may help....not sure?? I'm 28, they prescribed 800mg tabs of Ibuprofen prescription strength.

One idea the 2nd opinion doctor gave me, they prescribed me a birth control pill called Femcon, the doc said at the end of this pill pack I'm supposed to stop, and then for one month see if it stops without any pills at all...and then if it doesn't, 4 Femcon tabs a day for 5 days. At the ER they did a vaginal ultrasound and found a fibroid, only less than an inch in size.

The doc says that Femcon, as opposed to Tri-levlin, has a steady amount of Progestin in it. They thought that steady amount would lessen the blood...hasn't so far, and I've been pretty sad lately. I have called my doc, who's supposed to call me back Monday to see if they can do an endometrial biopsy. Rather some tests than none, that's for sure....

Again I am SO sorry you don't have insurance....you are young yet....are you going to school? In VA at least, up until you're 24, you can get your parents insurance if you're going to school.....sorry to pry, but just trying to help if at all possible..

Old 09-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

PinkPony86 HB User

Today was a tough day. I am so out of it and tired all the time. As far as insurance goes I am getting insurance through my work in about 25 days so I am going to try and wait. I am sorry to hear about the trouble your going through. Let me know what the test on Monday says. I will definately be thinking about you.

Closed Thread