It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

KissMeDestroyMe HB User
Severe Sudden Pelvic Pain?

Yesterday after passing stool I suddenly began to experience a horrible severe pain in my lower pelvic area, right in the center. It was so severe I could barely move, and was crying thinking I needed to go the ER. (But abstained due to lack of insurance).

After about 10-15 minutes of this it started to slowly fade and got to a more tolerable amount of pain. It actually feels really sore now with very low back pain, and everytime I get up, sit down, walk, it just hurts. I also felt very hot and nautious when the pain first started, and today I still feel pretty nautious and the same sore pain.

Everytime I urinate or pass stool (or push with my muscles while urinating) it hurts pretty badly, closer to the severe pain.

Does anyone know at all what this could be? I think I also have a pretty big ovarian cyst on my left side. I had a big one on my right side about 6 months ago that was big enough to cause pain but it went away on its own.. and in the past 2 or 3 months I've been having that exact same pain on my left side, but never got it diagnosed because my insurance was dropped around the time it started.

Also, my period is normally very regular but last month I was spotting on and off for about the entire month, and my period was 2 weeks early. Which was very very odd for me. I spotted before and after my period and haven't spotted in about a week or two now.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks so much

-Stephanie

The Following User Says Thank You to KissMeDestroyMe For This Useful Post:
cheri scott (03-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
(female)

DQGal HB User
Post Re: Severe Sudden Pelvic Pain?

I'm not exactly sure what caused your severe pain, but I would try to get it checked out soon somehow. Sorry about no insurance-I am in that situation as well right now!
I would say based on the fact you said you have/had ovarian cysts that this could very well be the cause of what happened. You could have had one rupture which could explain the sudden severe pain. I had one rupture once and it was similar to your description. My monthlys are pretty normal (on time) as well then got a little off kilter around the time the cyst ruptured.
So...I would say if you are still aching and are concerned to get yourself checked out to rule anything more serious out and have some peace of mind as to what caused it.
I hope this helped and good luck! I hope you start feeling well again soon. Keep us all updated if you find anything out. Anyone else have other ideas of what was going on with her symptoms?!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
(female)

sunshine21 HB User
Re: Severe Sudden Pelvic Pain?

I've had one rupture before too....and I agree that this sounds very similar to that (though I would still get it checked out if possible somehow, especially if it persists!). Usually they tend to be the worst, and then rupture, about mid-cycle, and the pain subsides in 1-2 days. If that matches up maybe it could be the explanation! Hope that helps

Old 09-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
(female)

KissMeDestroyMe HB User

Thank you! Yeah, the pain subsided about 3 or 4 days later, i'm still having a tiny bit of lower back pain, but not nearly as bad. It really does sound like a cyst ruptured, but I havent been to the doctor at all to really find out if that's what happened.

I've been really fluish and achey lately, so I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that. Think i should be worried at all? My neck is stiff and hurts alot, as well as the left side of my neck, and the left lower part of my head.. I just feel icky in general. So I'm sure it's not related but obviously I have that fear a little bit.

Thank you so much!

Stephanie

Last edited by KissMeDestroyMe; 09-12-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
(female)

PainfulCariZma HB User

Hello, this sounds like the same thing that happened to me.. Although, I have had the pains for almost 2 years now and I have had tests done and everything and the doctors don't know what it is yet..I get very bad pain and cramping when I try to have a B/M.. I get very hot to the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out.. and I feel like I have to throw up.. I also, have an ovarian cyst. Although when the doctors first seen it, they didn't seem worried about it and I haven't got it checked again yet because I had to wait until after I had my son. I have alot of pressure and pain during intercourse and I can't use tampons.. TONS of pelvic pressure also.. I think this might be from the Cyst, but as far as I know, it wasn't anything to worry about.. Not sure what is going on, but the pelvic pain you are getting, I think I have the same thing.. but I'm not sure what it is yet so I'm going to keep reading the replies..

Closed Thread