It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

coolcow123 HB User
Angry excessive discharge...underwear always wet...help!!!

hi! this has been bothering me for awhile and i need some help on it....

okay, i always discharge in my underwear...a good bit. its white and thick and it has an odor to it. when it dries, its white and flaky. I've been noticing more lately (the last 2 or 3 weeks), that my underwear are getting REALLY wet...it soaks through my underwear and onto my pants and it makes a wet spot on my pants!!! its really annoying having to wonder if theres a wet spot on my pants!!! and if i sit with my legs open i can smell and odor. im 16 years old, and very sexually active. its not just around my period that this happens...its ALL the time!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User
Re: excessive discharge...underwear always wet...help!!!

With the excessive discharge that is odorous, it sounds like you may have a vaginal infection. The most common ones are trich, bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections. These are not necessarily sexually transmitted diseases, but they can be passed, easily, to your partner. They tend to show symptoms more-so in women and are mainly asymptomatic in men.

A simple visit to your doctor will give you a diagnosis. They will perform a swab and this swab tests for vaginal infections. I'd also suggest getting a standard STD swab(s) as well - to test for chlaymdia and gonorreah.

These vaginal infections also will NOT clear up on their own - so if results come back postive for one or a couple, proper perscription medication must be taken - your doctor will call you in and write you one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
(female)

coolcow123 HB User

yeah...but i dont really want my MOM to know all this...now what?

Old 09-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

Bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections and trich are infections that can pop up even in virgins. You do not need to be sexually active to end up having one of these. These are all caused by inflammation of the vaginal area - whether it's from sex, or tampon use, etc.

If you have a sexual health clinic in your city - go there. They follow strict confidentiality (as all doctors should be doing!), and can write you a perscription there. This way you don't need to go see your family doctor.

These infections won't clear up on their own - if you hold off on treatment and it is something like a vaginal infection you could have devestating consequences in the future.

Basically what these infections are, are the result of bad bacterial fighting your good bacteria in your vagina. You will always have a little of bad and good types of bacteria in your urogenital tract, but they maintain a proper balance which creates a favorable pH environment for proper vaginal health. If anything occurs (like using a tampon when its too dry down there, or sex, or just plain humidity), the bad bacteria will overtake the good. Bacterial infections are ones that NEED a perscription.

For the sake of your health, get yourself to the doctor of your choosing. You mother does not need to know, and if she does - she's a woman and probably have a few of these infections in her past, herself. She will understand.

Again, you don't need to be having sex to end up with one of these.

Last edited by s3xb0mb; 09-16-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Closed Thread