It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

amethyst1 HB User
Spotting/bleeding between periods

Hi all,

I don't even know where to start! I'm 36, have 3 kids and ongoing problems. I've never seen anyone in the same boat and believe me! I've looked! You'd think I could find someone similar on the internet; no luck yet.

Anyway:

I started on birth control pills in Nov 89. July 90 started spotting between periods. Saw Air Force ob/gyn who switched my pills. Stopped spotting for a while. Started again; had pill switched again.

By 93, my husband was out of the military and we didn't have insurance or a doctor so I stopped taking the pill. Didn't have much/any spotting.

95 We decided to start a family. Had some spotting in first trimester. Healthy pregnancy, healthy baby. Started on pills after her birth. Started spotting again.

96-97 Trying to conceive baby #2 - no birth control. Still had some spotting. Took months to concieve. Spotting first trimester, healthy pregnancy, healthy baby born in Jan 98. Started pills after that.

I'm sure there was still spotting, lightly off and on. Conceived baby #3 in 99. Same ol story - spotted first trimester, healthy preg, healthy baby born Jan 2000.

Used bcp and the patch. Stopped using the patch because the spotting would usually stop when birth control stopped. It didn't really stop, but wasn't too bad.

Oct 06. Still having the same issuses. Have had all normal paps and pelvic exams. Yet ANOTHER pill, this time Yaz. Fast forward to present. Spotting/bleeding between periods is getting worse. In August and now September, bleeding between periods has been bright red accompanied with clots and starting sooner. It used to start about on day 16 of my cycle and continue till my period, it was usually brownish/reddish. This time it was day 9 and brought on by straining with a bowel movement.

My periods are heavier on day 1 and pretty crampy. Period only last about 3 days now, was 4 or 5 before.

So...it doesn't seem to matter if I use pills or not.

Due for annual exam in October but what the heck is going on?! Fibroids? Polyps? Endo? Cancer?

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any advice etc!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

goose44 HB User
Re: Spotting/bleeding between periods

HI

i just want to report that i can sympathize with you. i am a bit older, just turned 44 and my periods are getting screwy and closer together with more clots etc. in my case, i believe that my hormones are messed up due to peri- menopause. you are a bit on the young side for that. i would guess that maybe your birth control is messing up your hormones. dont make yourself crazy. look for the common reasons first and remind yourself that you have had good health care over the years and so just relax and keep in touch with your doctor. a lot of things can screw up a cycle. but wow, is it annoying!!!

good luck i will keep you in my prayers to be sure all is well

Closed Thread