It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User
Yeast Infection and Toilet Paper?

About a month ago we switched to a different toilet paper.

Last week I started having a burning, itchy feeling externally. I am using an OTC product twice a day and it is helping. Te problem is, we are still using the same toilet paper. Could this be causing my problem?

Or could it be caused from my husband being on strong antibiotics 2 weeks ago?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

justwondering42 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection and Toilet Paper?

It actually could be a bacterial infection, in that case you have to go on medicine from your doctor. This happened to be once and i thought I had a yeast infection, but after using the OTC product it didnt go away. I went to my doctor and found out it was a bacterial infection which was caused my the new soap i was using!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Is your toilet paper scented? If it is, this can trigger yeast infections and vaginal washed bought OTC can too. Something about the chemicals in them reduces the PH in the vagina and causes yeast to build up. My GP told me this a few months ago. Perfumed soap can do it too.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

I;d definitely go to the doctor - one simple swab and it will test for yeast infections and two very common bacterial infections - trich and bacterial vaginosis. If you have a yeast infection, the doctor can give you a perscription for Diflucan - it's a simple one-time pill you take orally.. it beats any OTC remedy anyday! If you have one of the last two infections - antibiotics will need to be given out. But absolutely go to your doctor! Prolonging the time you have with one of these pesky infections may cause long-term damage if left too long untreated.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I'd definitely second mystictiger's suggestion! The perfumes' could be a problem, but the paper (cotton) itself could be also. I no longer use Conttonelle because fibers were left on my skin, and these fibers held moisture/bacteria causing irritation. I switched tp, and no more problems....

You can check for paper residue left behind by rinsing the area with a dark colored wet washcloth...immediate feedback and cheaper than a doctor's visit.

Of course, if your symptoms don't improve in a couple of days, I'd call the doctor, also.

Bethsheba

Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jennie23 HB User
Wink Re: Yeast Infection and Toilet Paper?

no scented toilet paper...or soap.. I was told by my doctor to use a squirt bottle filled with warm water to rinse down there as often as I needed and pat dry....it soothing and I think it helps keep the " bad germs" away........

Last edited by jennie23; 09-27-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: missed spelled word

Closed Thread