It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

TeraTastic HB User
Question How soon can you become pregnant after abortion?

I just had an abortion about 1 week ago because of problems that would accur with my baby. I feel really bad but want to become pregnant again a.s.a.p. Does anyone know how soon it is possible to get pregnant after this. Should I wait a while does my body need time to recover?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
(female)

Olivia2020 HB User
Re: How soon can you become pregnant after abortion?

Be carefull because you can become pregnant before/as your period starts again. Your body may not be ready though.... Don't you want a healthy baby? Make sure you start eating healthy, working out, and start taking prenatal vitamins long before you plan to be pregnant again to ensure a safe pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

i was told that if you want to become pregnant again after a dnc the best time is imediately after..because your system is clean..not sure how they come up with that..but thats what the navy ob/gyn's told me and another friend that was trying to get pregnant.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

You can become pregnant a week after you get an abortion - pretty much right away. That is not a good idea though because you need to give your body time to heal.
You are not supposed to have sex (or use tampons) for the first two weeks after an abortion (to avoid infections)... so you should probably wait at least two weeks before you try to have a baby again.
Give your body time to heal otherwise you may be putting yourself in danger because you're much more prone to infections after an abortion.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
(female)

bp4life HB User

i think you'd be better off asking a doctor

Old 09-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I believe that part of what the procedure involves is having a D&C. I know that with a D&C, you're not allowed to have sex (or use a tampon) for at least 2 weeks afterwards to prevent infections.

I would say that it's probably better to wait until you're fully healed before trying to get pregnant again. I'm sure you're anxious to have another baby, but you have to make sure your body is ready to handle it again before you do. The problem is that if you don't wait long enough, you might end up with a lot of problems with the pregnancy and/or the baby. That's why it would be better to wait for a while.

Closed Thread