It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

pixiedust022 HB User
Help please! Haven't had my period in 2 1/2 months

Hi all, I'd really appreciate some thoughts on this. I know that I can't be pregnant because I haven't be involved with anyone for at least a year.

As much as I like not having it, I'm worried that there might be something wrong. How long should I wait before seeing a doctor about this?

I don't have a regular gynecologist so I'd rather not go if it's not such a big deal at this point. (no insurance) Is there a certain amount of time when it becomes an "issue"? After two months? three? more?

I'm not on birth control, have no other health problems, not on any medication, and I don't feel sick at all.

I'd appreciate any advice or any thoughts on why this would happen.

Last edited by pixiedust022; 09-30-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
(female)

mollypolly07 HB User
Re: Help please! Haven't had my period in 2 1/2 months

how old are you and how long have you had your period for? if you are still a teen and just got your period within the last few years it is normal to have irregular periods. also stress, weight gain or loss, being extremely active and depression are a few other things that I know of that can cause you not to have a period. If none of these are you, I would call your doctor and ask them if they think you need to make an appointment. its probably nothing, but if you're concerned you should probably get checked out just in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

pixiedust022 HB User

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm 24. Started my period when I was 13 and have had fairly regular ones ever since. This is the first time that it just stopped like this.

I did have a little spotting earlier this month but it was over in less than a day, and not much at all. So I don't think that really counts...?

Quote:
also stress, weight gain or loss, being extremely active and depression are a few other things that I know of that can cause you not to have a period.
Nope, none of that either.

I don't have a regular doctor, and like I said no insurance so I'd rather not go find a doc if it isn't something to be worried about yet. But if 2 1/2 months IS something to worry about....

I guess that's what I'm here to find out. If I should worry yet.

Last edited by pixiedust022; 09-30-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

Amy26 HB User

I think I'd be worried if I didn't have a period for 2.5 months. You say you haven't had sex... have you fooled around or had any sperm "near" your vagina at all? If its DEFINATELY not pregnancy then I think you should get to a GYN and get your regular check ups yearly. Good luck!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

Are you underweight or strongly athletic? These could stop your cycle. I'm underweight and haven't had a period since May.

Last edited by MariaBB; 10-03-2007 at 11:06 AM.

Closed Thread