It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User
Bad cramping starting up...could it be my endo back?

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis two years ago. I was put on different things for the pain like Depot Lupron and Depot Provera which turned out to be hell for me because of the side effects of body aches and hot flashes. Then I was on the birth control patches for awhile which I liked because they got rid of my cramping except they gave me side effects of moodiness and having no sex drive so I went off birth control. I've been off birth control for about 4 months. I was doing fine at first being off of the birth control with only cramping during my period. But now I am starting to get cramping every day, and its starting to get worse...i get like a stabbing pain every once in awhile also. I went to my gyno a month or two ago when I wasen't having this cramping and I told her that I wasen't having the regular cramping anymore and she said by that my endo should be fine. But part of me disagrees because I've read that even if you don't have any pain you can still have endo. Anyways now I do have the pain back and I am wandering if my endo has returned or what. Also I have been getting repeated bladder infections, one every month for the past 4 months. Could this have anything to do with my cramping.
Ok..I don't know what others will think of this but I talked to a psychic last night about this and she said she saw some kind of red spot near my uterus and bladder and that I she didn't exactly know what it was or what was causing my pain but that I should go to my doctor soon and get this checked out. I agree I should go to my doctor and I will once I get health insurance. I am waiting back for a reply from an application I turned in. I've had to go to the doctor while I didn't have health insurance because of my bladder infections and I still have to pay for those visits...its expensive..i can't go to a doctor again with no health insurance, I wouldn't be able to afford it. But what am I going to do till then. I'm not sure if pain meds will even help the pain, they didn't when I had this before...only the narcotic pain pills did anything.
Please does anyone hav any advice or insight on what could be possibly going on? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User
Re: Bad cramping starting up...could it be my endo back?

Well first let me say that I am an endo sufferer myself. You are right in the fact that even without pain you can have endo. The other thing that you need to realize is that endo doesn't ever go away. They can do surgery to take the tissue out and then put you on hormone treatment for it. But once off it the hormone is back and you still have the same problem. So I definitaly think that the symptoms of the endo are back and that it may be worse then when you started out given that you have been on your treatments for 4 months now. As far as the blatter infections I remember when I first had endo and before I had my two surgeries to get the tissue out I would get blatter infections alot. I found out that this was due to tissue covering the supply line from my kidneys to my blatter. Well they got most of that off, but not all of it, so I still have trouble but not as bad. Hopefully this has made sense. As far as the psychic is concerned, I would make sure she was a real psychic. I do not claim to be a full blown psychic but my closest friends call me one. Because I know to much before it happens. There are those out there that are fakes though. Def go to the doc as soon as possible though. Sorry if I rambled. Just had a lot of thoughts in my head.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User

Thanks for your reply...I know that endometriosis never really goes away...the pain may come and go but the disease stays with you forever. I know all this cause I read a book about Endo that is very informative. I also know that you can have endo when you are young too as I did, I was only 18 when I was diagnosed..none of the doctors believed that I could I could have it because they said I was too young. Its really sad that doctors don't even know as much about this disease as they should. I do hope they find a cure for it someday.
So you think I could have endo near my bladder causing me to get all these infections? I should definitely talk that over with my doctor. Do you have to be on birth control all the time? I've read that there is no proof that birth control stops endo from growing. I also know that if your on birth control for long periods of time it can put you at higher risk for cancer. My mom had breast cancer too and I don't want to put me at any higher risk of getting that. I would probably have to have another laporoscopy for them to see how bad my endo is. My gyno though said that I shouldn't need another lap because the surgery itself has its risks which she wouldn't want to put me through and that if they did find endo they couldn't do anything really for it. I think they just don't believe its worth doing because theres nothing they can do to completely get rid of it. But if there is endo causing me all these bladder infections they might have to do something. What do you think?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User

yea i'm not sure if I was talking to real psychics either because one of them said it was pms...i was like yea sure..lol

Old 10-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Here is what I think. You need to find a new gyno. Someone who understands the disease and if you feel as though they should go back in then demand it. Keep pushing. You have the right to medical treatment and the right to know what is going on with your body. I had two surgeries for mine back to back almost. Within a 3 month time period anyways. No I can't be on BC because it had the reverse affects on me. It made it worse instead of better. My gyno was pretty stunned by this. It could be something near your blatter causing this but I would have them go in and look. The thing is that if it is over this vital organ they won't be able to get it all because they run the risk of damaging the organ and killing you. But it is a load of malarky them saying they can't do anything for it if they go back in and find more tissue. If the tissue is causing you pain they can remove it. Hence making the symptoms less severe. I hope this isn't a bunch of rambling. About the psychics I say you just follow your gut on this one. They sound kooky from what you have told me so far. LOL!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User

thanks for your advice...i have seen other gyno's but none of them seem to know that much about endo except the one who diagnosed me but she's like 3 hours away. I found her over the internet because none of the gynos here in my town believed that I could have endo and wouldn't do a lap on me so after complaining a lot about the pain and demanading I be given the surgery to check for endo she finally gave in. I've learned you have to be persistant with doctors and kinda take the matter into your own hands. Someone once told me you know your body better than any doctor so you have to push for what you feel is right. I don't like going to male gyno's, I just feel more comfortable with a female and males just don't seem to be as sympathetic. I could look over the internet again and find a gyno that specializes in endometriosis if there is one not too far away. I would like to have another lap just to know for sure whats inside...if there is more endo and if its effecting my organs. I have to wait until I get health insurance though...which should be real soon.

Closed Thread