It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

Erica225 HB User
are there any home cures for Bacterial vaginosis?

are there any home cures for Bacterial vaginosis and how iare they done?

<post complete sentences>

Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

sponge24 HB User
Re: are there any home cures for Bacterial vaginosis?

i have never heard of any home cures for bv. to cure it you need a prescription from your doctor usually metronidazole pill or cream form and there are others that i cant think of at this moment. but no home remedies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

Aurora79 HB User

There are many "home cures" for Bacterial Vaginosis. I just had a sheet send home with me after my recent exam that had three on it alone. Are you looking for any in particular?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
(female)

lexxi22 HB User
Lightbulb Re: are there any home cures for Bacterial vaginosis?

I never heard of any home cures for BV, but I had been doing some research on it and I found some stuff that is supposed to prevent it from happening. They are these pills called Enzara. They smell pretty funny, but everything inside of them is supposed to be all natural. I read somewhere that is even prevents "morning breath." I've been taking them for a little while... it seems to work fine! Maybe you might wanna look into it! They are pretty costly, but Im quite sure you may be able to find some much cheaper online!

Last edited by lexxi22; 10-22-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
(female)

missyhelly HB User

Take yogurt everyday.

Take probiotic with acidophillis.

Take Folic Acid - 3 times a day total of 1200 mcg

You can also douche with tea tree oil ( 1 teaspoon with 2 cups of water) or insert plain yogurt.

You can also buy tea tree suppositories at a health food store. Try inserting it in the morning and do yogurt insert at night before you go to bed. Keep it up for 6 to 7 days or until you feel better.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

Actually, there is no known natural cure for bacterial vaginosis. As with any other type of bacterial infection, women diagnosed with 'bacterial' vaginosis require an antibiotic for treatment to cure it. I do not seek to offend anyone on this board, but when someone tells you that you can cure BC naturally, I ask you to be very cautious. Medical experts will all agree that BC cannot be cured naturally and that to try to do so could be more damaging than anything. Not treating BC properly can lead to more serious problems, like pelvic inflammatory disease.

BC can be 'prevented' naturally by eating a healthy diet and trying to keep toxins out of your body. Good hygiene is key as well, wiping front to back, keeping the vulva clean and dry, wearing cotton panties or panties with a cotton crotch and also avoiding using douches. I read the earlier discussion about using a douche but I cannot find any evidence to support that practice and douching throws off the body's sensative balance.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
(female)

missyhelly HB User

You can talk to your doctor before you take my suggestions below. Probiotic and yogurt are good in people's diet as it promotes health bacteria in your system. I do agree that you need to eat as natural and healthy as possible with little or no sugar. The suggestions are for those whose antibiotic treatment failed them repeatedly.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

I agree with Missyhelly that you should be encouraged to follow a healthy diet. Keep in mind that yogurts containing probiotics must have at least a level of ten billion active Lactobacillus casei for it to even come close to doing your body any benefit. Unfortunately advertisers in today's world don't seem to think it matters if they tell the whole truth or just part of it...most brands don't contain high enough levels. However, Dannon's DanActive drink seems promising and meets the levels mentioned above.

Also, sometimes women need to try different types of antibiotics to see which works for their body. Sadly, BV has a very high recurrence rate - once your body is weakened by the infection, you have a higher risk of getting re-infected. A recent study showed that women with low iron stood a greater risk for getting BV - perhaps talk to your doc about iron supplements.

Closed Thread