It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
(female)

Chloe07 HB User
how to tell my boyfriend i have bacterial vaginosis

I just started dating my boyfriend this summer. When things started getting serious I went to my obgyn and got a papsmear and tested for stds. I like to know what I'm bringing into the relationship that way if I take something unwanted away I know who to blame. That being said, I went to the obgyn 8/29 and on 9/1 my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. He is also std free. Eventually we started having sex without a condom (he pulls out and I'm on bc). Just recently I started noticing a milky white discharge with a somewhat fishy odor. Found out I have a bacterial infection which I'm guessing BV. My doctor says it can be caused my unprotected sex with a new partner. She also explained that you can't get it from males and that it's caused by a ph imbalance that causes more bad bacteria than good in the vagina. Why does sex cause this? How can I tell my boyfriend I have bacterial vaginosis without him thinking that I'm a dirty girl. I'm being treated with antibiotics for 7 days. Even after treatment will I always get BV following sex with him? I've never had it before.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User
Re: how to tell my boyfriend i have bacterial vaginosis

Bacterial Vaginosis is a fairly simple issue really. And yes you can get it from a guy. They could have slept with a partner previously that had it and they passed it to him. The only thing is that they can not detect it on a guy. The way I found this out was my ex-husband was cheating on me and I kept getting BV. I spoke to my doctor about it and he said that I most likely got it from him (before I knew he was cheating) and that we were passing it back and forth to eachother. Doc suggested my ex get treated but he wouldn't do it. When I left him, I got better and haven't had one since. What you need to do is find a doctor who will treat him for a bacterial infection. Explain to him that you are not dirty and that it is a just a natural part of life. Kind of like a yeast infection. I am sure he will be understanding about it. It's not life threatening and will go away soon. I hated those days for me. But you will feel better in no time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread