It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

Aacone HB User
how do you know if you are pregnant or its just stress?

how do you know if you are pregnant or its just stress?

Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #2
(female)

hmlyn04 HB User
Re: how do you know if you are pregnant or its just stress?

i am guessing that you haven't got your period so the first thing to do would be take a home pregnancy test. if that comes up negative but you still haven't got it yet, i would call your doctor because there is a blood test they can do.

stress certainly can play games with your period though and although i have three children, there were a few times where i thought i was actually pregnant but i was not. if your period is like clockwork and you are significantly late, i would definitely call your doctor. good luck. : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: how do you know if you are pregnant or its just stress?

when a woman is young, her body will be irregular at times. which can make the woman a nervous wreck even more which delays the period even further.

the first signs I had of pregnancy were very sore breasts. mainly on the outsides of the breasts that sit closest to the inner arms.
I also had to urinate frequently.
my belly began getting bloated, but then again, I always got a plump belly right before my period because of the build up of the lining of the uterus getting ready to shed itself.
I never got morning sickness with any of my four children so I couldn't go by that.
I'd say the first thing that happened to me was having to urinate frequently and especially in the middle of the night which I never got up to urinate at night before I got pregnant.

when I planned the pregnancies, I knew I was pregnant when I didn't get my period within the first week I was supposed to get it.

when woman are young, they're still not regular like they'll be when they're older, so it's common for young woman to get their periods late. and a lot of the times, young woman don't know when they got their last period. the easiest method to remember your last period is to MARK IT DOWN ON THE CALENDAR.

I'm constantly going through this fear with my two daughters, who both are not on contraceptives, both for various reasons other than being foolish.
my 24 yr old daughter has purchased so many do it yourself home pregnancy kits that I should've bought stock in the company.
the other daughter age 18 is JUST starting to get late periods and her regular periods are now turning irregular so it's hard to judge the exact days she's going to get it. Now she too is beginning to depend on pregnancy kits. they're much more accurate now than they were when I was younger.

this is the calendar method:
I taught my daughters from the time they got their periods to keep track of it by marking on their calendars the first day they got their period.
then after day one, they write in the corner of each box,numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and on till you reach number 14.
on the 14 day, you stop, highlight the two days before day 14, and two days after the 14th day, which will make FIVE days in a row of that specific week that you SHOULD NOT have sex, because out of any of those five days you may be ovulating and you can get pregnant. there are signs a woman is ovulating too if you look closely enough and get to know your body. sometimes a woman can feel a pain in her lower pelvic area where the ovaries sit. the pain you get is called, Mittlesmirtz (spelling?) after the name of the man who discovered this process.

this system is not exact because some woman ovulate sooner or later.
but you'll know when you get to know your body. so it's good to pay attention to signs.

good luck to you which ever way you want it to go.

remember: safe sex is the key.

Closed Thread