It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

case1 HB User
can dr. feel ovaries during pelvic??

hi just wondering if you guys know when a gyno does a routine pelvic exam and she examines your insides, can she feel any abnormalities on your ovaries? i get so scared of ovarian problems(2 dear people i know died from this), but when i just had my yearly she said everything felt fine, no enlargements or nothing. however, lately i have been really bloated, and my periods have been irregular for a year now, she says it is because my bmi is only 17. would a red flag during an exam and she would order more tests if she suspected something. please i'm fretting!!! thanks case

Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User
Re: can dr. feel ovaries during pelvic??

Generally during a pelvic exam, the doctor will press on the outside of your abdomen, to feel your ovaries. I guess they can tell whether or not they feel swollen, which would be a sign of a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

MLZ HB User

When i had my cyst my doctor had done a physical exam and said my ovaries felt fine, but still i felt something had to be wrong in there so i pushed for an ultrasound, sure enough my right ovary was enlarged and had a 5x4x4 ovarian cyst.
But if you had some type of growth you would likely feel pain on the side its on. I was bloated with irregular periods periods, but i also had a deep ache in the lower right side of my belly extending across the hip and into my lower back. Nothing on the left side.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

vespagirl HB User

I Been In For Several Pelvic Exams By Different Drs And No One Ever Told Me I Had Cysts Till A Ultrasound Was Done. They Found A Baseball Size Cysts On My Left Ovary And The Right One Had Cyst Clusters.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
(female)

case1 HB User

hi vespagirl. did you have any symptoms of having cysts at all??? i've read a lot where people have had pelvic exams with everything seeming fine to the doc, only to have cysts. i guess i just dont understand the body at all because i would think the doc could feel something, enlargement or something to set off a red flag to do more tests

Closed Thread