It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

Tewfiddy HB User
Periods one year after Novasure ablation lasting three weeks now..

I had the novasure ablation done a year ago. Every month since then, I still have a period. Sometimes it's light and lasts three days or so. Some months I will go somewhat heavy for a day or two, then lightly for a few days. For the last few months, I have noticed my periods lasting over a week, and last month I actually had two. This month, I have spotted, bled, or had tissue come out for the past three weeks. I called my OBGYN and asked if this is normal. The nurse said that sometimes it doesn't work for everyone and the lining can grow back over time, to keep a diary and make an apt. for my checkup. She said at least it's better than what you had before, right? Well before I had a very heavy flow that lasted for a week, so yes in a sense it is better. But having this everyday is ruining my sex life and I feel dirty all of the time. Could it be something else or is this just how I am going to be now? Thanks for your time!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Periods one year after Novasure ablation lasting three weeks now..

oh wow. Im scheduled for the procedure in January, along with a tubal and I was so excited about it...now, you scared me! So many people talk about how their periods basically stop altogether, this is the first time Ive heard of what you are experiencing...thank you for posting.
Tell me, would you do it again if you had a choice, knowing what you know now? And, was the recovery period bad for you?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

Tewfiddy HB User

Msnik,
No, the recovery was not bad at all. I took off work previously, just in case and to be honest, I probably didn't need it. I had pain medication (vicodin) and kept taking it, just in case the pain would sneak up on me. But I wonder now if I even would have had any. Just some cramping and some adjusting after the anesthesia. I had general where as a friend of mine didn't. She was totally fine afterwards.
I haven't heard of anyone having an experience like mine either. That is why I posted the question to see if maybe it could mean anything. My periods were heavy and clotty before, and I was anemic, so I had it done to help with that. They are never that heavy any more, but a little clottly some months. Its the constand spotting that is aggravating. I would have it done again however, even knowing this. Because, yes it is better than it was before. I just always have to be on guard for the spotting. I do know I have a retroverted uterus, so maybe that is why I have my symptoms. I thought maybe they couldnt get a good "burn" of the whole uterus. I am thinking about changing my OBGYN and see what they have to say.
Good luck to you, and chances are, you will have much better experience than me!!
I also had a tubal ligation but it was immedietly following my c section. I had a lot of cramping with that, more so than with my first c section and I was told it was due to the gas and air they use to blow things up to see better, so just FYI, any pain you have may be due to that and not the ablation.
THanks for your response!
Michelle

Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
(female)

Tewfiddy HB User

sorry, duplicated post

Last edited by Tewfiddy; 11-02-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Closed Thread