It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

stacie1976 HB User
how big is an ovarian cyst when it is 2 cm

how big is an ovarian cyst when it is 2 cm

Old 11-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
(female)

Shyanna18 HB User
Re: how big is an ovarian cyst when it is 2 cm

Well An Ovarian cyst that is 2 Cm is not that big. I have a Ovarian Cyst and it is 11Cm my doctor said it is the size of a new born babys head! you should see in getting it removed though before it gets any bigger, My doctor i know was surprised to hear that it was 11cm just because that is really big. I am 17 years old and I still have a lot to look forward to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 AM   #3
(female)

justwondering42 HB User

Hi Girls,
Ovarian cysts can range in all different sizes. I had one that was 7cm attached to one that was 3cm attached to another that was 2cm. They actually went in to remove them (although they dont recommend doing that, because 99% of the time they burst on their own) anyway when they did go in they saw that I had adhesions from my ovaries to my colon and that was the major source of pain!!! So I would definitely look into it with your doctor. I have had cysts since the removal so they dont go away for good, but those have not caused much pain and have gone away on their own. Birth control pills help to control them. Best of luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyanna18 View Post
Well An Ovarian cyst that is 2 Cm is not that big. I have a Ovarian Cyst and it is 11Cm my doctor said it is the size of a new born babys head! you should see in getting it removed though before it gets any bigger, My doctor i know was surprised to hear that it was 11cm just because that is really big. I am 17 years old and I still have a lot to look forward to.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

2cm is just a little bit more than 3/4 of an inch. As far as cysts go, it is not that large and still on the small side. Continual monitoring with your doctor is a good idea if you do not have any other symptoms (pain, nausea, etc.) Good luck!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
(female)

Shyanna18 HB User

well now my cyst is now to be 13cm and will possibly have surgery wish me luck

Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

marielise HB User

I have just been told i have either a follicle or cyst 2cm in size on my left ovary. Is there any chance it could be malignant? I have Just had a internal U sound. I am 44 years old and my periods are coming later and later. Although this one lasted a long time and thats why my Gyn sent me for the us sound. I also have a large uterus and 2 fibroids. Could i have cancer?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielise View Post
I have just been told i have either a follicle or cyst 2cm in size on my left ovary. Is there any chance it could be malignant? I have Just had a internal U sound. I am 44 years old and my periods are coming later and later. Although this one lasted a long time and thats why my Gyn sent me for the us sound. I also have a large uterus and 2 fibroids. Could i have cancer?
Usually small cysts go away with your period. They usually monitor you to see if they get bigger. The fibroids would be a problem I think. Probably the reason for the long period. I would not think cancer. I had a 10cm cyst removed. It was tangled in the Faloppian tube so that was taken out too. Then a few years later a small cysts that was not going away. So they went in again and found alot of adhesions. They took that and the cysts out. I still have pain which are probably adhesions. I'm 42 and my periods are also later and later. The dr. says pre-menopause. Can do that for the next 10 years. I would question your dr. and she way he says.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
(female)

marielise HB User

thanks so much everyone for all your help and info i will keep you posted seeing my doc in two days time.

Closed Thread