It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

Blondie527 HB User
Blood in Fallopian Tube?

Has anyone ever heard of blood in fallopian tube? During my pregnancy they thought that they detected a cyst in my ovary. Now I am 12 weeks postpartum and I had an MRI and they say that it is blood in my fallopian tube. What could this mean?

Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User
Re: Blood in Fallopian Tube?

First of all don't get yourself freaked out yet. You mentioned that you had a cyst on your ovary - it is a possibility that the cyst may have burst and some fluid and blood traveled into the fallopian tube. Not knowing more about what the doctor told you makes it hard to come up with more substantial "guesses" as to what would cause that. What was the cause for the MRI? Were you in pain? Did you have any other symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

Blondie527 HB User

Prior to my pregnancy, I had no symptoms at all. When I had my first ultra sound they saw what they thought was a dermoid cyst. We watched it through all of my pregnancy. Once I had my ds, they sent me for another ultra sound. At this point they still thought that it was a cyst or benign lesion. My doctor wanted to get a more clear picture before we scheduled a surgery so he sent me in for an MRI. From this, they determined that it is not a cyst at all but blood in my tube? I am going to Tuesday morning first thing as this was the next available time my doctor would be in. I know that freaking out is a bit premature in this situation but I just have no idea what this could be from. My doctor did say that we may have to remove my fallopian tube.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

I'm glad that you have an appointment on Tues. morning (even though it must feel like a lifetime away right now!) and I know that it is very hard not to panic. Especially if your doctor is talking about the possible removal of the tube.

IMHO - I think it is a bit premature to discuss tube removal unless he/she has complete idea of what is wrong or a firm diagnosis. Usually those things are mentioned to the patient as a "worst case scenario".

It is very possible that you could have several small spots of endometriosis in the tube - many women don't realize that endometrial spots are found in other places besides just the uterus.

My best advice is to hear the doctor out. If the doctor wants to do laparoscopy to check it out - then fine, however make sure you are very clear that if you are put under you won't have the tube removed (unless you are sure that is what is best for you) without signing a consent form for a salpingectomy (removal of a fallopian tube).

Also, whenever a doctor is discussing with you the need to remove an organ from your body (and you aren't in a life or death situation) it is a good idea to get a second opinion. Your regular doctor shouldn't be offended and should understand your caution.

Whatever the outcome, know that I'm sending good thoughts your way! Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
(female)

Blondie527 HB User

THANKS SO MUCH Wyldflwr! I really appreciate your concern. I am really anxious to see my doc tomorrow and get the ball rolling on this.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

Hey there Blondie527- I know today is your test - I'm thinking good thoughts and sending them your way. Please keep us posted on how you make out. Take care!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

Blondie527 HB User

Hi Wyldflwr... Actually today my doctor just decided to do an internal. He said that there was nothing out of the ordinary there. So, he advised me to change to another birth control pill (I was breastfeeding) and wait 3 months to have another MRI. He said if he goes in he has to remove the tube and considering my age (27) and my desire to have more children he doesn't want to rush to any rash decisions. I feel a little better but I hate waiting. Thanks so much for your advice!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User

Glad to hear that your visit went well even if you still have to wait for a more definative answer. It's good to know that your doctor doesn't want to rush into removing anything! Keep your chin up - the time will pass in a flash!

Closed Thread