It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
(female)

akalei HB User
spotting for two weeks?

Okay long story short. On Sept 14th 2007 I had a miscarriage. I was 9 weeks along. I bled for really heavy for about 10 days. I was told by two different doctors that I would get my regular period within 3-6 weeks after my miscarriage.

Anyways I hadn't gotten a period since my miscarriage. It came for 1 day and then went away. And the last two weeks I have been spotting on and off every second day. And yesterday I got my period but again only 1 day. It just came out of nowhere. No warning or cramps at all..No breast tenderness. and Today its gone again. But I bet you anything tomorrow I will be spotting again..

What could all this mean?

Ps. My periods have been 100% normal since I was 12 years old. Every 28 days for 5 days. Its just been acting odd since my miscarriage. Do you think that is what is causing my problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Re: spotting for two weeks?

Hi akalei... I miscarriedon 9/14 and I was 9 weeks along as well! I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't had a period either! Today marks 8 weeks since my d&c. I went and had an ultrasound done last week and they just found some blood that was "stuck." I guess that's why I've been spotting/lightly bleeding since the d&c. 2 weeks ago for about 4 days, I had what seemed like a BAD period with heavy flow and killer cramps but that flow has stopped and it's just been spotting since. So needless to say, I haven't had 1 day without having some kind of bleeding/spotting. SUCKS!

Anyway, after reviewing my ultrasound, my doctor prescribed me Provera for 10 days to "jumpstart" my cycle and hopefully get everything out. I keep hearing that you're suppose to have a couple weeks with no bleeding at all before you can consider that a period. Why don't you check back with your doctor or ask for an ultrasound to check everything out. It's normal for your cycle to be a little off after such a shock but I would think you should have had a period by now. Of course, every woman is different and heals different but the period 1 day then spotting sounds like there could be another issue. Just a thought. I'd call your doctor. I know this is so frustrating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
(female)

akalei HB User
Re: spotting for two weeks?

Okay so I FINALLY got my period on Friday Nov 16ths. (my birthday no less)Anyways is it normal for it to be very very very very heavy for my first period after my loss? Its been a week and I am going through Tampons and Pads like there is no tomorrow. Also the extremely sharp pain that I had on my rightside/middle during my miscarriage is back.

I made an appointment with my doctor. However it wont be till NEXT friday.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-23-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread