It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Question Question about period... does this make sense????

I'll try to make this short, I had a m/c and d&c back in September and continued having brown blood for the next 2 months until finally having an U/S to show that I had blood that was “stuck” so I was prescribed Provera for 10 days to hopefully flush that out.

My last Provera pill was 11/18. The morning of 11/19, I passed whatever was seen on that ultrasound, it was a large, hard brown clot looking thing. A couple days later, for about an hour, I had some heavy brown discharge, other than that, everything APPEARS to be back to normal. However, today is day 16 since my last pill of Provera and I still haven't had a period. So I called the nurse today to ask about this and she told me that when I released that clot on the 19th, that should be counted as my period b/c it was my uterus’ release. Does that make sense???? I told her that I didn’t have any kind of flow after releasing that clot. That was it, no more spotting or bleeding or anything, just that brown clot. She said that should be considered my period and to expect my next period around the week of 12/17 and that I should be ovulating around now.

-My first issue with this is that after taking Provera and since it builds up the lining, shouldn’t I have expected more to be shed than just that clot??
-Second, the Provera wasn’t out of my system long enough to “trick” my body into a period. I would take the pill every evening and I released that clot the next morning after my last pill.

Does this make sense?? It just doesn't sound right to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread