It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

NeoApsara HB User
Some irritation at urethra entrance in vulva - HELP!

So in September, I was FINALLY diagnosd with something that was bothering me - bacterial vaginitis (in addition to a yeast infection) which I got from a lubricant/spermacide (this happened before when I first had sex). The irritation was confined to my vulva and hugely impacted my urethral opening to the point where I had UTI symptoms of feeling you have to pe but can't. At any rate, anti-biotics cleared that up but not without giving me a yeast infection of course, which is now gone.

However one thing I noticed was irritation in a certain spot. Like after it was gone and I got my period, it seemed the blood was bothering my urethral entrance or at least that area so I made an appointment with the gyno (this would be my second follow up; the week before I went in after treating yeast infectin ad she said everything was fine). After my period it was less bothersome and intense but wiping discharge or urine away with tissue and wet tissue didn't seem to help as much, making me wonder if it was the cause afterall. I went to my OTHER appointment after my period and the gyno found nothing, just some discharge, which is normal especially for me after my period. It actually had seemed to be better until the next day. But I had realized that my stressing to push out whatever pee may be there thinking that may help is what made it spasm so I stopped that and it got better but not completely (which makes me think it's my urethral entrance or the skin aroun it, but what the heck do I know? This has been a problem area for a few months now ). So I went in to the walk-in clinic to test for a UTI and in general my urine. Nothing there. He said he'd send a culture to make me feel better but he was pretty positive they'd find nothing and indeed they didn't. Now before this I had made another gyno appintment and he said to keep that so I go into the gyno again. Nothing. Not only that but she said I have a lot of good flora in my vagina and that nothing internally or externally looks odd or red or anything outof the ordinary.

Then a few days later it seemed to go away- it was good for maybe over a week. Then here comes my period - by the last day when its really just a mix of residual blood and discharge coming out, I'm feeling those like twinges or flashes of irritation again. Still not consistant with any discharge or pee and this time seemingly not as severe or frequent as the last time - maybe 4 or 5twinges/flashes a day.

Again, 4 trips to the gyno, a trip to the doctor for UTI/whatever else all since it was confirmed that both the yeast infection and BV were gone, I also was tested for STDs. NOTHING. They came up with nothing.

It's Wednesday now, 3 days after the last day of my period and I'm sill feeling those twinges. No STDs, no UTI, no nothing it seems. But I'm feeling SOMETHING and its bothering me. I want this ordeal over with and don't want to be going through the same old cycles where I have maybe a week and a half of non-irritation.

Can anybody help PLEASE?!

Last edited by NeoApsara; 12-04-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling, update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
(female)

NeoApsara HB User
Re: Some irritation at urethra entrance in vulva - HELP!

So I just called to make another gyno appointment. The receptionist put me on hold to pull my file and apparently the nurse practicioner told the receptionist to send me to some other doctor at another health center since they've continually found nothing yet I complain about irritation. Apparently they're going to look at my cervix or something.

I'm kind of freaked out. I mean I was tested for STDs and they all came back negative in late Sep./early October, the samples the gyno looked at under a microscope showed nothing but health the last 4 times I was there, my urine culture (as well as the discharge that was in it I'm assuming) showed nothing, and I've been with one guy through all this who has showed absolutely no symptoms and I've had intercourse with him once since the last wet-whatever the heck they call it the ob/gyn took (when they look under the microscope at the sample) and the urine culture. The symptoms were the same as before the last time I had intercourse and it seems correlated with my period if anything. I have no idea what the heck it is, I'm not even sure where exactly I'm feeling it (I'd like to alter the thread title to make that clear but apparently can't so now people who may be able to relate may not respond since it says 'urethra'), and I have to wait a WEEK to see the doctor and possibly another week to get results.

If somebody can help me or if ANYTHING seems familiar, I'd really appreciate it. This has turned into an ordeal for me.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I'm not sure exactly what is happening to you, but, yes, it is possible to have post-infection ongoing irritation. Happened to me, not quite the same way, though.

One thing I tell all women with not-fully-explained-genital-itching. Make your vulva a chemical free zone. Change your body soap and your laundry detergent to sensitive skin versions. Make sure your underwear is clean, dry, cotton. Use unscented menstral pads and toilet paper. Stay away from chlorinated water, at least until you start getting better. No douching, deodorants, or feminine hygiene sprays. Cool showers, no baths. Oh, and drink lots of water to thin out your urine and make it less irritating.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

NeoApsara HB User

Thank you for the advice.

Yeah, thats the weird thing - I don't use any fancy soaps, sprays, haven't used a tampon since I was diagnosed with BV (except for a second my last cycle but I panicked and took it out), I stopped using panty-liners a few weeks ago, I only wash there with water (for me its like putting soap in my eye or something), I got a detergant made specifically for sensative skin, I don't wear thongs and my underwear is always at least 95% cotton, and I don't sleep with underwear. I'm not really feeling an itch but rather a twinge/sting/burn and not in my vagina but like on the soft skin that is by the vaginal opening or near my urethra - basically my inner vulva.

Anyway after some searching, I found one thing that named what I've been feeling and some things I've been dealing with a while. Something called vulvar vestibulitis. It would explain why they're finding nothing in cultures and no STDs. I'm going to show that to my doctor. Maybe it'll be what it is, maybe it won't. Like I said, what the heck do I know?

I just want this OVER.

Last edited by NeoApsara; 12-05-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It is possible. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi there,
Finally someone having the same thing , i was thinking i had a uti , bladder spasms and pain with peeing but urine test neg although they didn't do a culture . Treated five days for it , just before i had this i had alot of dischage yellow white and blood tinged . This being said i have been having sex prior to all this with hubby like every night sometimes twice a day in every position imaginable ( weird i know ) . Anyway i've always be dischargey but was worse after a bout with biaxin earlier this fall for a sinis infection which i seem to have quite often and this was when i noticed the increase in discharge most;y clear at that point . So was at hospital and they did a bunch of swabs and what not for a variety of things and waiting on this back . Also i've had discarge that was severe itching / redness and gyno said it wasn't yeast but i told him i had just treated myself with canestan so it probably didn't show any yeast at that point . I get this burning a day or so after having sex with hubby or around my period and i treat myself with creams . And when hubby does oral sex he gets canker sores in his mouth. Does any of this makes sense ?
Skipa

Old 12-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
(female)

NeoApsara HB User

Okay there does't seem to be any luck from the places the nurse practitioner suggested but I'm still waiting and still need to try another. This is really sucking.

Anyway the calcium citrate suppliments, as well as drinking lots of water and sitting forward when I pee, and the baking soda baths and drying the area with a blow-dryer on cool after patting it dry seems to be treating. In fact it did wihin a matter of hours, I'd say. However I'm now facing another stressor - I read that baking soda has a high ph level and can irritate/feed yeast infections. Now I don't have a yeast infection but I'm wondering if it'll GIVE me one. I saw no warnings that it would anywhere but the other things I've read are freaking me out. That's all I need right now: another infection.

Does anybody know if bathing in 4 spoons of baking soda will cause a yeast infection?

Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
(female)

NeoApsara HB User

Well I went and saw the gyno the place sent me to. Now I've been feeling much better (don't want to jinx it) so I explained all the things I did, like pelvic floor exercizes.

Anyway he poked around and would ask me if something hurt. Finally something did ... it was my right hymanal remanent. And there was also so sensativity in the muscle below when he stretched it or something. Anyway, so thats what they told me. He said it makes sense that the pelvic floor exercizes have been working since the muscle is right there.

Now I'm just scared that all the prodding will reignight it. I'm gonna keep doing the PFME but I'm paranoid anyway.

Closed Thread