It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

sweetsn0w HB User
LSIL, HPV, and getting pregnant

Hello,
I am almost 26 yo and diagnosed with LSIL at my last pap. I just had a colposcopy and waiting on results. My question is...when should I try and get pregnant? I was told that my age is on the brink of either having an immune system able to fight off LSIL or needing treatment. With LEEP I found that there is a 2.2% risk that there will be pregnancy issues (not being able to deliver properly or carry the baby to term).
I believe I should wait at least one pap smear to see if I can fight it off on my own, but my fear is that it will progress to HSIL and then I will need treatment which is potentially harmful for pregnancies. Also, once you have a LEEP you may continually have a recurrence of LSIL or HSIL and keep needing another LEEP (creating more issues for pregnancy).
Also if this becomes more of a problem, I am not against having a hysterectomy to take care of it (I work in a cancer center and know how cancer can spread, esp. breast), but I would like to be have children if possible first.
Any ideas or experiences welcome. Thanks!!

Last edited by sweetsn0w; 12-06-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread