It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

Hottytotty3 HB User
Heavy period

Where do I start...I'll try not to get to graphic. This is a 2 part question.

For the last 6 months I have had heavier and heavier periods. They are getting really clotty (is that even a word) and it's so bad that I have trouble using tampons because the clots don't absorb in the tampon and the blood gushes around the tampon and strait out. This is so frustrating! And gross. I flow so heavy that I have to change my tampon every 1 1/2 - 2 hours while at work and I use pads as soon as I get home.

1.) Does anyone have any ideas of an herbal supplement that will de-clot my blood? Does that even make sense? I never had this problem before!

My second issue is that I have menstrual symptoms all most ALL month. I am bloated and my breasts are killer sore for 3 weeks out of the month. I have my period almost exactly every 28 days (not on BC). So my breast start to get tender and swollen 1 week after my period ends all the way until it starts again. So this brings me to my next question...

2.) Is there an herbal supplement for PMS symptoms that is effective?

Thanks girls! I know someone out there has some advise for me.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Heavy period

You should get checked for fibroids/polyps. That can cause very heavy bleeding and clotting, and it can also cause more pain throughout the month. It's worth it to have it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

You need to find out the cause of the heavy bleeding and clots and try to deal with the cause, not the symptom. I agree that you should probably have it checked out. Once you know what it is, it should be easier to figure out how to deal with it.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I had this happen also and had everything checked out. I do have three fibroids, but they're not real big, although my GYN says that this can cause the clotting and heavy bleeding, even thought they're small. That was a few years ago.
I'm not 49 and starting to to through menopause, and my perids are much less clotty and not nearly as heavy. The fibriods shrink when you reach menoapuse, so I'm guessing that is what' s happening.

I don't know your age, but you should get checked out to see if it's from fibriods and since I was gettng close to the 'change', my GYN suggested waiting, instead of removing them, since it will get better when they shrink.

Hope this helps,
Mary

Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
(female)

Hottytotty3 HB User

Thank you for the replies. I have a call into my GYN to make an appointment. I'll post an update if I get an appointment anytime soon!

Thanks again!

Closed Thread