It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

sunflowers1281 HB User
Question Height Loss Post Pregnancy - Normal?

I have just recently (last week) delivered a baby girl.

I had a relatively difficult delivery. Natural contractions, epidural and quite a lot of pushing until i couldnt do any more and my precious baby was finally delivered by suction.

I am in recovery mode at the moment with the usual aches and pains. However, one thing that both my husband and i have noticed, and which we verified tonite with a measuring tape, is that i have lost 1.5 inches since giving birth.

This definitely just happened in the last week as i am now looking up at my husband where before i was level or slightly above eye level with him.

Can someone tell me if this is normal and what does it mean?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sralvarez HB User
Re: Height Loss Post Pregnancy - Normal?

Hello there...

I too lost height after giving birth to my daughter 3 months ago. I didn't realize it until a couple weeks ago. I'm 5'8, currently nursing. I happened to be reading an article on breastfeeding and nutrition. It contained a height/weight chart. I decided to measure my height to see if my weight was accurate. To my amazement, I'd lost an entire inch! Now I'm 5'7. My last height measurement was taken back in February where I was definitely 5'8. That was only 11 months ago. I've been researching the web to see what info is out there. Since your baby was born, having you been nursing?

I ran across an article re: breastfeeding and bone loss. There may be a correlation due to the lactation process. See this blurb from the article:

"[deleted]"

Here's the link: [url]deleted[/url]

Hope this helps. I'm getting a bone density test done anyway to make sure the problem isn't more serious, i.e. early signs of osteoporosis.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-24-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Do not post text from other sources. Do no post commercial web links.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

soulangeana HB User

OMG! I had the same thing happen to me. I have no idea why. My daughter is 21 months old and I am still breastfeeding.

I have always been 5'8" and at my last Doctor appt. they told me I was 5'7". I didn't believe it. I've since checked myself at home and sure enough, I am now 5'7"!!!

Well, that should make my husband happy. He's only about 5'8" and I think my height might bother him just a tiny bit. Hahaha.

I am concerned as to why I've lost an entire inch though.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

Yeah, I lost some height too. Thankfully I have enough to spare.

Closed Thread