It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
(female)

KayRay91 HB User
odor/period 3 wks late/cramping and abdomen/pelvic pain. What could be wrong?

Okay, so for the past few months I have noticed an unpleasant fishy odor. I was given some advice to use different types of soaps and body washes or to just use water to clean myself. I've also tried the 'Vagisil' odor blocking powders..but not matter what I have tried, it always develops shortly after bathing. And is even more noticable after sex. Quite frankly, its embarassing. I also have an increase in vaginal discharge.
But to add on to the problems, And im not sure if this is in any way linked to the above stated problem or if its something completely different...my period last month was late, only by a few days...but i wasnt chancing it, so I took a pregnancy test. It came back negative like I expected and my period started 2 days later. This month however, my period is almost 3 weeks late. I also noticed I've been urinating alot more frequently. But other than the late period and the urination, I'm not experiencing any of the normal pregnancy symptoms. I've already taken two pregnancy tests, just to clear the stress of "oh my god! i think im pregnant" out of the way. Of course they were negative as well. And every few days I feel slight pain. At first i was just feeling cramping, like I was going to start my period. However, the pain has started to focus more on the left side of my pelvis/abdomen area and in my back. Its just a dull pain. Sometimes kind of like a pressure. Also, I'm not sure but I have felt feverish a few days during this past week. Anyways, I'm scheduling a doctors appointment if I dont start my period by the end of the week. But, id really appreciate it if anybody could give me their opinion on what they think is wrong. Is this something I should be seriously worried about? or probably nothing major?

-Thankyou.

Last edited by KayRay91; 01-14-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
(female)

auroraskylines HB User
Re: odor/period 3 wks late/cramping and abdomen/pelvic pain. What could be wrong?

I'm having a very similar problem. I'm like three weeks late, too, and I think at this point I've just missed a period. I don't know what to do. I was really late once over the summer and I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, and I got my period within a week after that. I've been having odor issues and I've been having cramping and I feel like I'm going to get it, but I've also been having other minor pains, but I think part of it is just nerves. I've been stressed out lately, so maybe that has thrown things off? I took a pregnancy test over the weekend and it was negative, and I haven't had unprotected sex, but I'm still getting worried. If you find anything out at your appointment, let me know.

Closed Thread