It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #61
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: what to expect after cystocele operation

Janet ,

So glad to hear you had such a good time, you sure needed a break!

I had my CT scan today and it showed some improvement in the nodularity in the resection line with some calcification, which was good. There are two new "micro" nodules one in the right upper lobe and one in the left lower lobe, they are tiny at this point. I have some linear atelectasis(which is areas of collaps)in both lung bases, and a 1 cm adrenal adenoma, and a granuloma on the liver which has been stable. With that report she said I'll see you in a year unless more symptoms arise. I did find a local pulmonologist close to home that will see me so I wont have to travel so far. I seen him this past Monday and he wants me to come back in two weeks so he can go over this reports. He had said to me then that if there was ANYTHING new in there that he would want to do a CT guided biopsy to see if that infection is back, then start me on treatment. I have NO IDEA what he will deside with this report, but will let you know.
I also went to the "pace clinic" so they could check my cardiac implant and that checked out fine. I didnt get to see the cardiologist today. He wants to see me in 2 months. Thats when I will tell him he needs to make a desicion so I can get on with my life. Anyway, I will be heading home tomorrow so will chat soon.
Take care my friend, and as always continued prayers.
God bless.
Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #62
(female)

jtomishin HB User

Annette, I was so relieved to read that for the most part you are doing alright...so happy for you and you must be too....just exactly where is the Mayo clinic from where you live anyway??

I am amazed at all that you have been through! As I was reading this email from you, I am wondering how you just keep going with everything you are going through and I realize that it's the faith that has kept you going here, without it, I don't see how you or myself for that fact, could cope with things...
Thank you for letting me know how things went, you are such an extraordinary beautiful person!! You have been through so much already and you always seem so radiant and optimistic!!

I go next week (Wed.) for my last treatment, they ordered blood work this past Tuesday for me to compare with what next weeks bloodwork will be to see the difference in levels as they were concerned with my platelets, but it turns out my platelets are already at a reading that is safe for chemo, and by next week it will probably even be higher, so they said no need to come in for bloodwork on Monday as I usually do, just come in on Wed. for the treatment, so was glad to hear that!!

You keep up the faith Annette, of course I don't have to tell you that!! I will keep you posted as to what is happening with me, as I know you will keep me updated about you...take care, my prayers are always there for you....prayers and hugs....J.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #63
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User

Hi Janet,

Im home now, I drove 300 miles this morning which the first 100 miles were in the rain, NOT fun, but I made it so thats what matters. I go to the Mayo in Jacksonville FL. It's 300 miles east from where I live, so its a 600 mile round trip! With my fatigue issues it can make that drive challenging, so I'm glad I found a local Pulmonologist that is willing to see me. Now I just need to work on that cardiologist over at Mayo to get this over with. I had a long talk with his Nurse, and she agreed with me, saying the fact they have the evidence already, just put a defibulator in so I can get on with my life. I just feel I'm sitting in this "limbo" WAITING...I'm just getting frustrated at this point. If they would just put it in, I wouldn't have to worry if I ever needed surgery in an emergency situation I wouldn't have to fear having a reaction to anesthesia, and being in a facility that could handle it and get me through it. It's all the heart drugs that are toxic to me, so I say, just put that in, and it will eliminate the need for the heart drugs because it would pace my heart during surgery as well. Makes since to ME..haha but who am I?..

Thank GOD this is your last treatment! You have done SO WELL Janet with trying to keep your head up and keeping the faith through all this. I am SO HAPPY you have gotten through this, you are a VERY strong and amazing woman, and truly an inspiration to so many including ME! I will certiantly pray this last treatment will be easy on you and soon you will be feeling so much better, so you can move forward in your life! This chapter in your life will soon be over my friend. It's time to start a new, brighter, and glorious one, If I could reach, I would gladly turn that page for you! God is certiantly smiling down on you!

Take care, stay strong,
and of course continued prayers!
Annette

Old 08-15-2008, 06:43 AM   #64
(female)

jtomishin HB User
Smile Re: what to expect after cystocele operation

Annette, oh my gosh, you really do have a drive don't you?? wow!! Yes, I can imagine how hard it is on you to do all that driving, that is quite an ordeal you go through! and the rain you had to drive through just adds to the fatigue, doesn't it??

Oh Annette, I can understand your frustration with wanting to go with the defibulator so you can get on with your life...if that made sense with the nurse when you were talking to her, surely, the Dr. could see this, dont you think?? oh, I hope you can make him see the light, (maybe some additional prayers on your behalf will send a "gentle push" from a much "higher" source other than himself) and he will agree to this...when do you see the cardiologist again at Mayo ??

Just remember what was said to me:
"When you're down to Nothing, God is up to Something"....
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up".....

Thank you so for the words of encouragement regarding my "last" treatment...you seem to always know just what to say to make me feel better about everything...God bless and and a big hug to you!!
You will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts daily....Janet

Closed Thread