It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Oceanus HB User
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil prevents menstrual cramps!!

Hi everyone,

I have been taking organic extra virgin coconut oil for about 3 months now to help prevent genital herpes symptoms, and it's been working terrifically! It's the best thing I've tried next to prescription meds. Anyway, in doing this I've also found I haven't had ANY menstrual cramps when I get my period. Usually I get mild to moderate cramps the first day, but not since taking the supplements. I take anywhere from 3-6 per day with food. While I do get some of the other symptoms, they too seem to be milder, all except fatigue, I still get run-down feeling and very tired. But not feeling like I have to take a pain medication is wonderful! Just thought I'd through that out there for anyone who's interested in trying something to help stop their cramps naturally. I haven't found anything online about research in this area for coconut oil, but maybe there should be!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil prevents menstrual cramps!!

Thanks, it is great to know. It makes sense that something natural is more helpful to us. Medicines are engineered with chemicals and essentially not "real." Thanks for this information, I will read more about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread