It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

merrylee HB User
Endometerial ablation - how long recovery?

If you had an endometrial ablation, how long were you bleeding and uncomfortable after? I would like one soon, but am having a cardiac ablation (if you can believe it!) March 12th.

Last edited by merrylee; 02-06-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Endometerial ablation - how long recovery?

Hi Merrylee. I had Novasure, an endometrial ablation done on January 10th. My recovery was very short as far as pain goes; however yesterday was exactly 4 weeks and It was the first time I went to the doctor to get clearance to get my life back.
NO sex, no tampons, no lifting, pulling, pushing or exercising for ONE month.
I got clearance to return to the real world yesterday!
I didnt mind this procedure one little bit...the hardest part was the bleeding, whcih was minimal, but constant for about 2 weeks. I had to wear pads, as tampons werent allowed during that time, but then it went down to a very light flow and a panty liner did the trick.
Wishing you well.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

I had the Novasure done in June of '07 and had no pain. I had some discharge but it was super minor (pantyliner) and it lasted for a couple of weeks.
PCOS

Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
(female)

TerriPeaz HB User
Smile Re: Endometerial ablation - how long recovery?

Hi Merrylee, I just had this procedure done on 3/10/08 and was not aware that I was still going to bleed this bad after. I was under the impression that the bleeding stopped and called my dr. and he said it can last a couple weeks after the procedure. I'm praying it does stop all together because I have had a lifetime of embarresing moments from my period and I was desperate! For the last month I had my period with no relief and it was VERY heavy. I became very anemic. I also found out that I had an underactive thyroid that helped contribute to my condition and now take medicine (for the rest of my life) for this. I will update this in a few weeks to let you know how it's going, and good luck!! TerriPeaz

Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hey Terri. You should be okay in about 4 days...at that point, it should slow down to where you only have to wear a pantyliner...Mine was done on Jan 10th- I had a DNC, NovaSure and tubal all done at the same time...the Novasure caused me no pain at all, but the bleeding did get alittle rediclous...it finally stoepped. Ive had one period since- and it was very light- nothing like it used to be...right now I should be having my period again, and so far- nothing.
Take care of yourself...no baths or sex..no tampons for at least 4 weeks...

Old 03-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
(female)

TerriPeaz HB User

Msnik, thank you for your thoughts, I'm glad it worked for you! I also had a DNC with this and had the tubal 4 years ago after my twins were born (twins were a huge surprise!) I'm on day 3 and still very heavy, but hopefully the end result will be the best of all! Thanks again, Terri

Old 03-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
(female)

Tanner1 HB User
Talking Re: Endometerial ablation - how long recovery?

Hey girls, I also had novasure. Hysterscopy, DNC then the novasure procedure. I had mine on March 21st, I got back to Dr. on April 4th for my clearance. My doctor told me 2 weeks b4 sex and everything else. Same thing, light brownish/yellow discharge, enough for a thong pantyliner. I have no issues...as of yet! And would have it done all over again.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
(female)

islandgirl08 HB User

Hello Ladies.I had the cervical ablation,D&C and Tubal Ligation 6 days ago.When I came out of the surgery into recovery,the cramp's were unbareable.They had to give me moraphine.I went home and still felt awful for 2 days.I am feeling better now,its day 6,but still not 100%.Today the cramping started again,like menstral cramp's,and then I got some bleeding,which I haven't had until today.I did have a light discharge.I was due to have my period around the same time as I had the surgery,a week ago.Anyone know if this bleeding(its not heavy) could be my regular period or if it's something to be concerned about???

Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #9
(female)

TerriPeaz HB User

Hi Islandgirl, I'm sorry you had so much pain. Thankfully I had zero pain or cramps with mine! I did bleed for about the first week, then like the other girls I just had the brownish/yellow discharge, and finally this week it has ended! I was due for my normal period this week and so far nothing, so that is a blessing in it's self! I literally couldn't go an hour before this without bleeding through what I was wearing, my life for the last 20 years was hell with my period! I'm so glad it worked for me! I truely thought it wasn't going to work, but I believe it has, so just have patience and it should be ok for you too I hope! Keep you head up, Good luck! Terri

Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I had my Novasure done one month ago today. I've had alternating light bleeding with heavy bleeding and I haven't had one day since since without having to wear a pad. It finally started slowing down a bit yesterday, so maybe this will soon be behind me.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #11
(female)

shirl13 HB User

I had it done in February. I had no bleeding at all, but am still very bloated. my gyno says it's not from the procedure, but I was thin when I went in. I know it's from the procedure. I have read about air and gas embolism, or pooled blood and even water weight. I have been working out like crazy and dieting, no results. Has anyone had this same thing happen to them?

The Following User Says Thank You to shirl13 For This Useful Post:
OhSuzyQ (05-26-2012)
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
(female)

TerriPeaz HB User

First of all shirl, I would get a second opinion, I had no bloating at all! That kind of sounds serious, good luck. Secondly, my last post I said I was due for my period and nothing, well... it happened after all, the same as before the procedure, it was very heavy then and exactly the same now, I'm so disappointed. I hope it all works for everyone else though and good luck to all. Terri

Closed Thread