HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   ive had my period for more than 2 weeks whats wrong with me (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/579833-ive-had-my-period-more-than-2-weeks-whats-wrong-me.html)

chrissy151992 02-16-2008 01:10 PM

ive had my period for more than 2 weeks whats wrong with me

ive had my period for more than 2 weeks whats wrong with me

gorgee 02-16-2008 02:43 PM

Re: ive had my period for more than 2 weeks whats wrong with me

We have the period thing in common. I have had mine for 3 weeks. I always have a regular cycle, and then when I go on the birth control pill my period goes haywire. Are you on the pill? It does not matter what I am on for birth control pill, I am never regular, I either do not have a period or I do have it for a long time. I am going to talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday. If you are not on the pill, I am not sure what is wrong, it could be a fluke thing. Are you usually very regular? If you have a ob/gyn I would give them a call on Monday. I don't think it is anything to worry about, more a nuisance than anything. Good luck.

supermom3 02-16-2008 03:56 PM

hi kass and krissy!

I've been bleeding since January 20th - at 42 years old, my regular doc and my gyn both feel it's normal peri-menopause, fluctuating hormone chaos going on. Or it could be connected to the complex ovarian cyst that was found on my ultrasound last week. I normally have a 27-29 day cycle, with a 3-5 day period, so you can probably see my concern - as a matter of fact, I'm still bleeding, but they both said as long as it's not heavy, not to worry. (The past week or so, I haven't needed to wear anything, except maybe a pantiliner. It's just there when I wipe. I hope I haven't given TMI! :) How old are you guys? This could answer your questions if you're around my age or older!

take care!

supermom3:cool:

kittykatmommy 02-16-2008 10:13 PM

hi, i can sympithize with you, i have been bleeding since december 13th, thats 66 days so far, this was accompanyed by alot of pain, have you had any kids in the last year? or had any major stress, or maybe had a medical proceeder? there are afew things they can do, they can try a hormone to help you lvl out your body and it might help, they may put you on birth control pills, as for me, i have had 3 kids and decided to have a hystorectomy, it took going through 4 other options but they decided it was best... i really hope this isnt anyrhing you have to worry about, i only wrote to tell you your not alone
good luck:)

Monkey7935 02-16-2008 11:16 PM

I have pcos, with each woman we get ddifferent symptoms with our cycles. Some like me, have them irregular, while others dont have any, while others have them for a really long time. Best thing is to do is see your gyn and get checked for different things like pcos, hormonal imbalances, and other stuff just to make sure everything is ok. pcos is treatable. i do metformin and birth control for mine, since I started that, I get them like a woman really should, 26-28 days apart, always within 3 days of when I should have them, 5-7 days. Before, I would have my cycle for about 9 days, really bad cramping, fever, bloating, and I would either miss my cycles or have them 1 week apart (and that is awful I tell you!). I was in so much pain that my mom let me stay home from school the first few days cuz I needed my body to adjust first, it just hurt way to much. Just to make sure your ok, go to your gyn

gorgee 02-17-2008 05:46 AM

Hi, supermom3, I am 31 and I have had 2 kids, they are 2 and 4. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and my period is slowly tapering. I have a dr appt on Tuesday and I am going to talk about other options. I was taking orthotricyclen lo. It messed with my regular cycle, and I want the every 28 days back. This is another question, I am a chronic pain person (fibro/arthritis,tmjd, mayofascial pain) and am on pain meds, can this mess with my cycle? I know that it messes up sex drive and all that stuff. But right now that is the last thing on my mind, especially having your period for a long time. Thanks a ton for your help.

estria 02-18-2008 07:32 AM

Hello Chrissy,

How long have you been having your period ? Am I right in assuming that you are fifteen years old ? Have you recently gone on the birth control pill by any chance ? When a woman begins to menstruate it sometimes takes a while before things start to become regular. If you have recently started taking the birth control pill then this is probably the reason for your irregular bleeding as your body will take a while to get used to the new hormones.

If the bleeding does not stop, make an appointment to see your doctor and he will be able to advise you. At your age it is probably nothing to be worried about but it is always good to check with your doctor, just to be absolutely sure and also to get a possible explanation for the problem and a possible solution as it must be very annoying.

Take care.