It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

Johnswifey82 HB User
Unhappy PH imbalance, recurring foul odor & discharge

I have this fould odor since I can remember and since my old Gyn never told me, that anything was wrong with me, I took it as normal. Very embarrassing, but what was I supposed to do?! I have lots of discharge too and my doc just told me, that this was due to too many vaginal glands.
Now I am married and a few months ago, my husband finally had the guts to tell me, that it's bothering him and that this situation makes sex very unpleasent for him. So I started running to another Gyn. She took a pap and a culture and saw, that I had a heavy growth of BV. I took antibiotics for that. At the checkup I told her, that it was ok for a like 2 days and then it came back, so she took another culture and it was free of BV, but I had e coli. So I had to take another round of antibiotics. Again, it was fine for maybe 2 days and then it smelled again and I had discharge.
I read in here, that hydrogen peroxide douches would help, so I did that and it seemed to help. 2 days ago I douched the last time and today I had smelly discharge again. I told my doc about the douches and she didn't seem to excited about it, but couldn't tell me, if it is harmful in any way.
I am soooooo tired of this. I hate to smell and the feeling of my husband being disgusted by it.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do about the smell? How can I get my ph in a balance and keep it that way? It seems like all the docs do is giving you antibiotics, but soon, my bodyl will be resistant against it and it wont help for nothing anymore. I am very desperate and sad.
All I want is being 'normal' and have an enjoyable sexlife!!!

ANY help appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

sunshyine21 HB User
Re: PH imbalance, recurring foul odor & discharge

this is similar to the problem that i am having. i made a post today titled, possible hormonal imbalance. i have searched and searched online but still have no answers. only advice i can give u is ask your doctor about a vaginal gel or cream. you insert it inside at night, ir might work better for you than oral antibotics.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I have had BV for 2 years in a row, and the only thing that helped me was REPHESH, (you can buy at Walmart) It balances out your vaginal PH. It got rid of my BV. Try it...Please...This was the 1st time my pap came back normal.Good luck!Also you may want to try a provitamin(the strongest you can buy at Walmart or Health store) Take it daily.

Last edited by DNSX3; 02-20-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

When you experience symptoms, which is the smell, that is only the tip the of iceberg. Something beneath the surface is causing this. You would need to change your lifestyle. Detox your body, there are many different ways of doing this. Drink a lot of water, eat organic fresh foods and eliminate the processed foods as much as possible, these are things that contribute to your ph balance being off because they processed, refined foods, sugars can cause an overgrowth of bacteria. If you don't drink hot tea, you could start, just because it is benefical for your body in general. I hope this makes sense. Don't expect to go out and buy an over the counter product from a store use it and expect this to be all better, your lifestyle more than likely contributed to this. Work and changing your diet, most health problems stem from how we take care of ourselves-what we are lacking or doing too much of and causing the body to be out of balance. Best of luck to you dear!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I also wanted to add that when you use prescribed creams, inserts, or pills they are made of chemicals, try going a more natural route, it is more beneficial for you. Also, if you take antibiotics, they kill both good and bad bacteria in your body so it is important to take a probiotic to promtote the regrowth of the good bacteria which your body needs. Garlic naturally kills only bad bacteria, you can add that to your diet too.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
(female)

id05546 HB User
Smile Re: PH imbalance, recurring foul odor & discharge

If you have never tried Folic acid or acidopholic pills I would suggest doing that, you can buy them both at Walmart and they will help you. Take two of each everyday and within a few days the symptems and smell should be gone. I have been taking these for the last year everyday. They seem to be helping. If you know that you will be having sex with your husband take an extra Folic acid pill with a large glass of water about 1/2 hour before sex.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
(female)

id05546 HB User

The Folic acid and acidopholis is for people who suffer from BV

Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
(female)

vanilla99 HB User
Talking Re: PH imbalance, recurring foul odor & discharge

Hi Johnswifey82: because taking antibiotics wipes out both good and bad bacteria, eating yogurt, preferably plain with acidophilus and/or bifidus will help to re-populate the gut flora with good guys and prevent a super-infection of yeast. This is what helped my friend who had a similar problem. Also, I eat lots of cooked and raw leafy green vegetables, cucumber, celery, watermelon to name a few and fruits to have a good alkaline level. Bacteria strives best in sweet/acid environment. Cut out the desserts and sweets. Drink lots of water to flush bacteria out. Most carbs, proteins especially meats, and fats are usually acid. Balance is the key. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnswifey82 View Post
I have this fould odor since I can remember and since my old Gyn never told me, that anything was wrong with me, I took it as normal. Very embarrassing, but what was I supposed to do?! I have lots of discharge too and my doc just told me, that this was due to too many vaginal glands.
Now I am married and a few months ago, my husband finally had the guts to tell me, that it's bothering him and that this situation makes sex very unpleasent for him. So I started running to another Gyn. She took a pap and a culture and saw, that I had a heavy growth of BV. I took antibiotics for that. At the checkup I told her, that it was ok for a like 2 days and then it came back, so she took another culture and it was free of BV, but I had e coli. So I had to take another round of antibiotics. Again, it was fine for maybe 2 days and then it smelled again and I had discharge.
I read in here, that hydrogen peroxide douches would help, so I did that and it seemed to help. 2 days ago I douched the last time and today I had smelly discharge again. I told my doc about the douches and she didn't seem to excited about it, but couldn't tell me, if it is harmful in any way.
I am soooooo tired of this. I hate to smell and the feeling of my husband being disgusted by it.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do about the smell? How can I get my ph in a balance and keep it that way? It seems like all the docs do is giving you antibiotics, but soon, my bodyl will be resistant against it and it wont help for nothing anymore. I am very desperate and sad.
All I want is being 'normal' and have an enjoyable sexlife!!!

ANY help appreciated!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
(female)

Tiger1405 HB User

I'm 16 years old and suffer from the same problem... its really anoying... i try home remedies but they only seem to help for about 2 days or so then the smell and symptoms are back again... but iv been doing some research into Candida which i think theres a good chance it could be, that would explain all the other symptoms i'v been having, such as bad breath, even though i have very good oral hygene, random rashes jsut above my chest, and bowel problems such as bloating and cramp and a noisy gut =| ( which has been making me feel really self concious) i have also noticed that i have been sweating a hell of alot more then usual and seem to get a really bad congested throught... which i think is all down to bacteria which ahs spread through out my body over time because iv had it for so long. That would explain the recurring BV, because aslong as the bad bacteria is in my gut it will keep spread back and forth to that other area =( i hope this is of any help...and was wonderig if any one else has any of the other symptoms i mentioned?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 AM   #10
(female)

missylala HB User

I also have had the same problems for over 4 yrs now. It is miserable and at times i just want to give up. I a soo tired of not getting the help I need from dr's. Its was nice to read all the possible solutions given on here. I think the only thing that i have that is different is the fact that i have now got a pain under my right rib and ive seemed to be getting headaches recently in the same spot of my head(theback lower part of my head) If anyone has any suggestions...plz let me know. thanx

Closed Thread