It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

T41LCH453R HB User
Could I be suffering from some kind of prolapse?

This is one of those embarrassing problems where I don't want to see the doctor if I can avoid it. I basically would like somebody's opinion.

I've been researching my symptoms and the closest thing I could come to is a vaginal or bladder prolapse, but that doesn't seem right either.

My symptoms are:

A feeling like pressure or fullness in my vagina, made worse when I lie down and also depending on how I'm sat. I don't feel anything stood up.

Absolutely no pain or discharge, just pressure or fullness.

No bleeding or ulcerations.

Period is as normal.

I constantly feel like I need to urinate but only a dribble comes out for the most part.

There is nothing protruding from my vagina and it doesn't look much different than usual, though I have inserted a finger and noticed it feels tighter and drier than normal.

I'm not sure if I should be suffering from a prolapse though, for the following reasons:

Not pregnant, I'm a virgin
Height: 5ft 1inch Weight: 8 stone (112 pounds) - I have a normal BMI and I'm not overweight, OK I admit I'm a little fat but surely not enough to warrant things falling out!.
I have never smoked or drunk alcohol in my life.
I rarely suffer from constipation or anything so I'm not straining whilst on the toilet and forcing my vagina/bladder to prolapse.

As I say, I'm not sure most of my symptoms fit with a prolapse so is it possible anything else can cause the feelings of fullness and like something is in my vagina or something is fallling out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: Could I be suffering from some kind of prolapse?

I'm just wondering if you could have a cyst or something that would make you feel pressure? I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think if I were you, I'd see my doctor right away. Good luck!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: Could I be suffering from some kind of prolapse?

T41LCH453R,

Hmm...The symptoms that you discribe sound like a "rectocele" which would be your rectum buldging against the vaginal wall, causing the pressure and uncomfortable feeling when sitting.

BUT......With you never having children, or having constipation it just wouldnt fit the picture. Unless you have an unusual problem with weakened muscles in that area. Sometimes genetics can play a role with weak pelvic floor muscles. Anyone else in your family with simular issues?

I agree with elizabeth that a visit to the GYN doctor just to ease your mind as to whats going on is in order. The fact that there is a "Change" from what you were, warrants it.

Wish you the best,
God bless and Take care.

Please let us know if you go to the Doctor.
Annette

Closed Thread