It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

SPORT46 HB User
Uterine Polyps are back- just had them removed 5 months ago...

In Oct 07 I had surgery to remove a couple of uterine polyps (non-cancerous) and now they are back. I'm 99% positive- same spotting & feeling as before. I'm 47. I'm wondering if I should just let them stay, have them surgically removed (again!), or what? Just looking for opinions. I see my GYN on 3/31 to discuss it. Thans in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Uterine Polyps are back- just had them removed 5 months ago...

I've had them removed 3 times in the last 2 years. Only 5 months between the first two surgeries and then about a year for the third (in fact I just had the third one about a month ago).

Wow, so I thought I was like the only one who kept having these stupid things growing back! It's so nice to meet someone else who has the same problem! Although I'm younger than you, I'll be 34 in a few days. But I don't think age has anything to do with it. At least my gyne tells me it doesn't.

The reason why I get them removed is because of the heavy bleeding I get whenever they grow back. I can't stand it. It drives me insane. So I get the surgery done and then my periods are more manageable for a while, until they grow back again. And then I have it done again. It's such a pain in the butt to keep doing it again, but I guess there's nothing much else I can do. I personally didn't want to leave them there (well actually, the first time there were 3, second time there was only 1 and third time there was only 1) because I didn't like the problems I was having.

But it's up to you if you want to put up with the problems or have it done again. I will continue to get it done whenever I need to, only because I don't want to deal with the heavy bleeding. I would say, go for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
(female)

SPORT46 HB User

Thank you. The main thing I don't like is that sometimes it causes pain, like I can actually feel it. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen often for minutes at a time, it feels either painful or uncomfortable. Did you get that feeling? I'm told that after menopause the hormones or lack of causes them to shrink, but i'm not there yet. I'm 47 & probably have 3-4 years to go based on family history. If I do have it removed again, I may not get the general anesthesia. A women at work had several operations for something else with general and much of her hair fell out because of it.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I did have more painful cramps when they were still there, and I forgot to mention that I also had spotting between periods, also.

I didn't have general anesthesia the first 2 times, but the third time, I did have it. The anesthesiologist decided it was better for me to have general because I have some problems with GERD. I resisted a lot but he kind of talked me into it. Really the only problem I had after general was that it took me about 4 days to feel normal again, because it wore me out a lot and I also had a sore throat from the breathing tube for about a week. Other than that, I didn't really have any other problems from the general.

Closed Thread