It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

93kiff HB User
Vaginal discharge after nova sure

I had nova sure done about 3 weeks ago. The procedure went well but I had to go back to surgery because I was bleeding and needed 2 stitches where an instrument had perforated something. Anyway, I have had a very foul smelling odor since. Is this normal or could it be an infection?

Last edited by 93kiff; 03-04-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Vaginal discharge after nova sure

you should call the dr i read that foul smell could be an infection but like you said you still have discharge so i dont know do you have a fever? im going for this on april 2nd how was it ? any pain? charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I cannot believe an instrument perforated something..this procedure is done so often and there really are no instruments used, besides the one which is put in you to do the burn....strange. I would definately go back to the doctor and make sure antibiotics arent required, in case of infection.

I had NovaSure done Jan 10th, and I did bleed off and on and have discharge, which is really the lining of the uterus as it heals- it did smell funky a few times, but within a day stopped...the bleeding was intermittent. Id bleed for a few days, lightly- and then it would stop for a week..then, it would start up again. I was told NO exercise, NO sex, NO tampons and NO hot baths (showers ok) for the first month...folllowed my doctors orders and had no complications at all...almost 2 months later, Ive had one period, it was MUCH lighter than my regular ones, but I did bleed lightly for 2 days- and absolutely everything else is fine!
Good luck to you both!
Nikki

Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

93kiff HB User

Very little pain-even with 2 surgeries in the same day! I was really happy with the way everything went afterwards. The next day I was back to my normal self. Good luck to you!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I had my novasure prodecure today and it was a breeze. I haven't had any cramping or heavy discharge at all. I feel a bit tired but I'm eating, talking on the phone, playing on the computer, you name it. If I feel this good tomorrow, I'm going out to eat with friends. As said, afterwards you can't have sex or wear tampons for one month, but it's worth it! Besides, you may not need tampons anymore anyway.

Closed Thread