It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

aed25 HB User
Yeast Infection? UTI? BV?

Sorry this is going to be long but i'm confused. urghh.
Last wednesday I had sex with my new partner who is clean. We didn't use protection during one session. It was late so i left quickly without wiping cleaning down there but I did that once I got home. 36 hours later I felt a light pain in my lower abdomen. I thought it could be a UTI (I've had 2 in my life) so i drank tons of cranberry juice and took some cran pills plus vitamin C and acidophilus pills. Also had some weird discharge with strong odor.

More information--Last year I had an itch and strong odor after sex, got tested and Doc said there was overgrowth of bacteria and prescribed me flagyl, which I had to stop since i had a bad allergic reaction. Few days later they called and said I had a yeast infection and gave me diflucan. everything cleared.

On Saturday I'd feel an itch if i didn't keep it dry down there. Sunday i went out and bought Monistat 7 and that night in bed it was itching like crazy. last night was my 2nd night on Monistat and it itched again but not as bad as before. When I put pressure on my bladder, it would feel like I'd need to go pee and i've also been peeing frequently. is it possible to have uti w/o the burning pain sensation when you go pee? ALSO it feels like I have tears in my vagina.

can you have all three at once? Yeast, uti, and bv? i hate having these problems. i dont have insurance so i am thinking of finishing monistat and see what happens until I go see a doc.

sorry this was long. can anyone who experienced any of this tell me what i might have? i'd greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection? UTI? BV?

My guess is you may have BV. (I bought REPHESH) and it took care of it, because it balances out vaginal ph. Maybe your allergic to sperm?? Now adays, you dont wanna have sex without a condom.Anyways, Finish the Monistat..most deffinatly. If you notice the syptoms are subsiding,keep it going. I dont think u have a UTI,If I put pressure on my bladder I get the urge, or have to pee too.I would get checked out. Take care of these problems.Then take Acidillious daily.Try the Rephesh too.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User

Can you go to a planned parenthood? You could have all 3 or one. A lot of the symptoms for all three are similar. If it's a UTI, it will not go away without antibiotics. I would continue with the yeast infection treatment and see if it gets better. If not, go to a Dr. If you have lower back pain, it could be a UTI that has spread to your kidneys. When I had my first UTI, I had no symptoms but since you have to urinate a lot it sounds like a UTI but the itching also sounds like a yeast infection.

Also, do you pee before and after sex? If not, you should do that, it helps remove any bacteria from that area. Keep drinking the cranberry juice and taking the acidophillus pills too, those always help.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:14 AM   #4
(female)

aed25 HB User

UPDATE:
So tonight is my 4th night using monistat. During the day I do not feel itchy at all but once I insert monistat at night, id get an itch, but it's not painful or anything. Is this normal?

Also went to the store today. RePHresh costs about $15!!! Does that completely cure BV? Just curious, because I never heard of it before but I did some researching and it got a lot of good testimonials.

I will definitely go to the DR next week.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Talking Re: Yeast Infection? UTI? BV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aed25 View Post
UPDATE:
So tonight is my 4th night using monistat. During the day I do not feel itchy at all but once I insert monistat at night, id get an itch, but it's not painful or anything. Is this normal?

Also went to the store today. RePHresh costs about $15!!! Does that completely cure BV? Just curious, because I never heard of it before but I did some researching and it got a lot of good testimonials.

I will definitely go to the DR next week.
I had BV for over 2 years, NOTHING worked, I kept using the Rephesh, and it did the trick!!!! I havent had it now for over a year!!! (Thank GOD)My OB/GYN gets me free samples. You could always call the company and ask for a free sample, The only thing you wont like is, IF you have sex, There will be white clumps that come out, Its the Rephesh...Good luck!Keep us posted.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
(female)

aed25 HB User

Another Update:

Throughout the day, I'v been getting a lot of smelly yellow discharge. This is BV for sure right? Grrr. having a vagina sucks.

Last edited by aed25; 03-07-2008 at 02:16 AM.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

I never had yellow with BV. I know BV and YI share simalier symptoms,But YI dont smell. I would guess maybe you have both. I would treat the BV for sure. TRY the rephesh for a bit.Another thread said nothing helped her BV except Rephesh too.Its worth the try...Good luck. I hate Vaginas too!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
(female)

aed25 HB User

I will try Rephesh after I finish up the Monistat. And if everything turns back to normal, does that mean the BV is completely gone and I don't need to go to doctor for flagyl? Just curious.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Talking Re: Yeast Infection? UTI? BV?

Quote:
I will try Rephesh after I finish up the Monistat. And if everything turns back to normal, does that mean the BV is completely gone and I don't need to go to doctor for flagyl? Just curious.
[B]I dont know, I guess thats your call. I tried everything, and NOTHING help EXCEPT the Rephesh. I had to use the Rephesh for over a month straight.(u get 3-4 tubes of stuff, u insert every 3 days or so)Its the ONLY thing that cured my BV. Everyone is differant. Try it, and see what happens, I guess. What does the odor smell like?? Chemically?,Fishy?,Oniony? They are all ususlly BV.I know I used to get it alot too, because I sweat SO bad down there. I think you should play it by ear, and see what Rephesh does for you. Also, Try taking Acidillious daily.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

Just a quick question.. You said your bf is "clean"? did you both have STD checks prior to having sex? You cannot go by appearances. Some infections do not show symptoms on guys or very little.

I'm just trying to cover everything. I'm one who easily gets irritated after sex especially if there is not enough lubricant (natural or otherwise).

I would check with planned parenthood.

Good luck! i've had to take diflucan every 4 days for a while now. I've been on a long therapy of antibiotics

Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #11
(female)

aed25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolysods View Post
Just a quick question.. You said your bf is "clean"? did you both have STD checks prior to having sex? You cannot go by appearances. Some infections do not show symptoms on guys or very little.

I'm just trying to cover everything. I'm one who easily gets irritated after sex especially if there is not enough lubricant (natural or otherwise).

I would check with planned parenthood.

Good luck! i've had to take diflucan every 4 days for a while now. I've been on a long therapy of antibiotics
Yes we're both clean. He got papers to prove it. I actually experienced this last November when I was with someone else. I also got tested and everything was negative. The doctor gave me flagyl bc i had overgrowth of bacteria and then called me to tell me I had a yeast infection and prescribed me diflucan. I also had my period--I've heard that periods can make your vagina back to normal. Then I had sex with him again before he moved away, but did not get any infections. Today is my last day of Monistat. I don't know if it's really working or not. We'll see.

I don't want to make a new post, but CAN YOU HAVE BV WITHOUT ANY SYMPTOMS? (jUST IN CASE rephresh gets rid of my infection, I dont want it sitting around in my vagina dormant)

I'd like to THANK everyone for responding to my post. I GREATLY APPRECIATE it.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Wink Re: Yeast Infection? UTI? BV?

Quote:
Yes we're both clean. He got papers to prove it. I actually experienced this last November when I was with someone else. I also got tested and everything was negative. The doctor gave me flagyl bc i had overgrowth of bacteria and then called me to tell me I had a yeast infection and prescribed me diflucan. I also had my period--I've heard that periods can make your vagina back to normal. Then I had sex with him again before he moved away, but did not get any infections. Today is my last day of Monistat. I don't know if it's really working or not. We'll see.

I don't want to make a new post, but CAN YOU HAVE BV WITHOUT ANY SYMPTOMS? (jUST IN CASE rephresh gets rid of my infection, I dont want it sitting around in my vagina dormant)

I'd like to THANK everyone for responding to my post. I GREATLY APPRECIATE it.
I know BV dosent always have symptoms, BUT I actually was tested alot , and it went away after i started using Rephesh,I kept using until smell was gone(that was a sure sign for me) and I just use once a month since, Still coming out clean!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

Glad to hear that you were both tested. Word of caution though.. in a routine STD screening they do not test for Herpes/HSV unless asked.

Hope you get this cleared up. I have another week of omnicef and about 3 more diflucan to prevent another yeast infection to go.

Good luck!

Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
(female)

aed25 HB User

New Update:

Okay, First off, I didn't go to the doctor. I was hoping it'd go away after I finished Monistat, but my symptoms didn't even improve after several days of use. I also decided to do hydrogen peroxide douche for 7 days, Thursday being day 7. Also taking acidophilus and folic acid AND bought Rephresh (yesterday was my 2nd time using it) I'm still getting yellow discharge and itchiness, but not as bad as before as I try to keep my vagina clean of discharge, which is the source of the itch. On top of that, yesterday there were blood in my discharge. I'm going to go to the doctor Monday for sure. Oh yeah, I also have a cough and its probably strep throat. i think there's a bug going around. Being like this is no fun.

Nevermind, i'm having my period.

Last edited by aed25; 03-17-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
(female)

aed25 HB User

Update:

I went to Planned Parenthood on March 26 and they took samples down below and will call me in 2 weeks if i have an std. They didn't say what it was, just gave me diflucan and symptoms were gone by 2nd day. My partner and I had sex again and right now I have a mild itch that would come and go. I also noticed that he uses condoms with spermacide. Now I'm curious if that's what caused my infection. Also If I had a yeast infection, why didn't Monistat 7 cure it? I think I might have to go back to PP. urgh...

Closed Thread