It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
how early did you know? And how ealy did you have symptoms?

Ok, I've been TTC and I'm 10dpo and feeling like I could be pg. I have felt dizzy at times, my boobs have been hurting and are sensitive, and I had some cramping, and "stretching" cramping in the inner hip area. This is my 2nd and I'm feeling pretty in tune to my body. I did IVF with my first so I never tested with an hpt because I had a blood test right away. Anyway, I'm wondering when I can test...Are those "5 days before missed period" ones really reliable?

How early did any of you know? What day did you test and what test did you take? And, what symptoms if any did you have? (For my first, I did have the dizzyness, the cramping and the "stretching pain" before my blood test but I was also on progesterone at the time and thought it was due to that and the cramping due to the procedures I had.) Thanks for any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
Re: how early did you know? And how ealy did you have symptoms?

well with me, the only signs was missing my period and getting period cramps on the days i was supose to have my period...so thats why i tested. everyones different but i didnt start getting other signs i was pregnant until i was around 8 weeks pregnant or so...and by then i knew

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

If you are TTC and late for your period and having these symptoms, I think there is a good chance you are pregnant sweetie. If so, congrats!!

I knew before I ever missed a period with both my children for some reason. I actually did a pregnancy test before my periods were due because I just kind of "knew" I was pregnant.

My first symptoms were nausea due to smells. I would almost vomit when I smelled red meat cooking, and at that time, I LOVED red meat. My breasts were also very sensitive, but I didn't have any other of the classic symptoms.

I'd say go and get and EPT. They seem to be pretty accurate- it gave me a positive both times before I'd missed a period. Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is!!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
(female)

saphire1020 HB User

For me with my first I found out from the doctor about four days before my period was due. I was extremely tired and just felt sick, I also had cramping. I actually thought I had strep throat and it turns out I was pregnant. This time around I had period like cramps three to four days before I was due and they were pretty strong, I had to pee so much during the night a couple of days before, and I was just exhausted. I used an off brand pg test this time on the day of my missed period and it was +. So I would say unless you don't mind spending the extra money, wait until you miss a period. Plus it is so disappointing seeing the negative results when in fact you may be pregnant. Good Luck and God Bless

Closed Thread