It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

momof6300 HB User
Spotting 2 years after Endometrial Ablasion

I had an endometrial ablasion done almost 2 years ago and was totally period free until January of this year. For a few months prior to January, I started getting SEVERE period-like cramps, but never a period - so I assumed I was having some sort of digestion problem and was documenting everything I ate. The painful episodes would occur about 3-4 weeks apart and would last a day or two, then I'd be fine. In January, I had an episode so bad that I couldn't even talk. If we weren't in the middle of a snow and ice storm, I would have had my son drive me to the emergency room. I was doubled over in pain and broke out into a cold sweat. I was going to give the pain another hour and, if it didn't go away, I was going to call an ambulance. Fortunately, or unfortunatley, I had a period that night - bright red blood, nothing very heavy, but it lasted for about 2 days. Since then, I have been periodicaly spotting - dark brownish "old" blood.

Has this happened to anyone after an ablasion? I am going to be making an appointment with my doctor, but I like to go into my appointments with as much info as possible. If this happened to others, I won't be too concerned. But if this isn't "normal", I may have to fight for testing. You know how some doctors can be!!

Thanks for any info.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: Spotting 2 years after Endometrial Ablasion

You are normal. While 75% of women never have a period again after an ablation, 25% do. It sounds like your body just kicked in to having periods again. With your periods, you're having cramps. Start charting and soon you will be able to predict your new cycle.

For what it's worth: I usually don't get horribly bad menstrual cramps. I get them in the middle of my cycle when I'm ovulating. Everyone's different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

Aus_lady_Di HB User
Re: Spotting 2 years after Endometrial Ablasion

Same here I had been period free for about 7 yrs , now for the last few months I had started spotting with bright red blood but it only lasted a matter of hours .. A few months on its now lasting days. I too was surprised mostly because my Gyn told me that the lining wouldn't grow back .. Tho I now know this isn't right lol .. Also like you I am getting cramps never ever had I had cramping in that respect I was lucky . I only had the endometrial ablation because I was on warfarin and was told I would be on it for life , prior to taking warfarin I didn't have very heavy periods , but after I started taking warfarin I bled like a stuck pig was very messy .About 18 months after I had my endometrial ablation I stopped taking warfarin .. My fear is I have been put back on warfarin temporarily because I am moving inter state across 3 states and because of the long drive and limited moment while driving I and my Dr thought it prudent to be on warfarin again for at least 3 weeks b4 my moving . I am worried tho I will have heavy bleeding again But I guess better that then getting a clot !

Closed Thread