It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

Blondie527 HB User
Anyone lave laparosopy to remove ovarian cyst?

Hi. I am having a laparoscopy done to remove a dermoid cyst on my left ovary on Monday. I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience.
Thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hukleberrie HB User
Re: Anyone lave laparosopy to remove ovarian cyst?

GET AN ULTRASOUND TO MAKE SURE IT'S STILL THERE! I just went in for laproscopic surgery to remove a 10+ cm on my left ovary on Tuesday, but the cyst was gone when they went to remove it during surgery. So my best advice is to have them do an ultrasound or something to make sure it is still there before you go through with surgery.

The surgery wasn't too bad. I am really sore but back to work. My entire belly is covered in bruising. I only had 2 insicions, probably since they didn't have to remove anything. I have had some back pain, that may be from the gas they pump into your coming out, I am not sure. Expect to be uncomfortable for a while. Although I am back to work, I am still sore & bending & stretching & moving is not fun.

BTW, I also had a hysteroscopy D&C done at the same time.

Hope that helps. It wasn't pleasant, but I would feel better about it if they actually had something to take out, instead I feel like I had surgery for nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

Blondie527 HB User

Thanks so much for your response!!

I had an MRI done just last month and it was still there. It is a dermoid cyst which is a complex cyst that doesn't tend to go away (unfortunately).

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that and it was gone! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
(female)

Erin88 HB User

I had a 10cm dermiod cyst removed 2 years ago. I had to take about 4 weeks off because they cut from one ovary to the other to remove it. I had to stay four days in the hospital. Coughing and snezzing were very painful because of the stomach muscals being cut. Doctors orders where not to lift anything over 10 lbs for 4 weeks (half the reason i had to be off for that long, my job required alot of lifing).Walking was hard for the first week, well mostly anything that involved moving. My belly was swollen for 2 weeks, and i had lots of bruising.
Hope this helps.

Closed Thread