It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
(female)

mellyuk HB User
Help average cycle length on 16 days please help

Hi All
It’s been awhile I have posted anything and I was wondering if anyone can advice me with my problem, before I go to the doctors this afternoon to be fobbed off again.

My menstural cycle has always been arounf 25 – 28 days in length, obviously a few hicups over the years. I am now 31 years old, I run 25 miles a week, workout with weights 3 times a week and have been a strict vegitarian for 20 years, no meat or fish. I also walk a lot with my dog at least 2 – 3 miles a day, so I think I am fitter and look after myslef better than the average person I know. Oh and I have no kids.

Over the last 3 years a have brown patches of skin on my face, Doc says this is caused by Eastregen and doesn’t say much more about this. A few weeks ago I spotted brown patches on my breast around the nipple area been given hydrocortisdone 0.5% cream for this and told to use it on my face if I wanted too. No improvement on the marks on breasts and I won’t use this on my face!

My main problem is that I am having 2 periods a month, very exhusting and not to mention the mood swings and been in a constant state of PMS!!! I have always suffered bad PMS and this is just a nightmare.

My last dates are as follows, I have put these through a cycle thingy and it says my avarage cycle length is 16 days, very short:

Jan 23 08 – Bleed for 7 days
Feb 17 08 – bleed for 5 days
Feb 28 08 – bleed for 5 days
Mar 12 08- bleed for 5 days
Mar 23 08 – bleed for 5 days
Apr 10 08 – bleed for ? days

The period starts off with brown old blood and then goes normal heavy flow for a day them tappers off to nothing, then before I know it I am a weepy, paranoid mess, suffering from tension and then releif when I start to bleed again. My breasts, easpecially my nipples have been very tender for the last 3 weeks, there is no chance I am pregnant I have not had sex.
My doc will no doubt offer me the pill, I can’t take this it will make the brown marks worse and cause me pain around the ribs and then start breakthrough bleeding and headaches, I will not take it, it is horrible.

What should my doctor do when presented with this information? I am sick of complaining about PMS and all the other stuff just to be told “its normal for girls to have upset periods”!

Well I am not a girl I am a woman for starters and I really want this sorting out before my mind starts making up things such as cancer ect as I have suffered from crippling health anxiety in the past and something like this will set it off again.

In the past I kept getting thrush but it wasn’t it was another infrction that led to a dialated tube due to the infection. It showed up on a scan and thye gave me anti biotics and nether looked at it again, could this be related, have I been left infetile?

So any advice and claiming reasurrance will be appriciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

mellyuk HB User
Re: Help average cycle length on 16 days please help

Well been to the doctors, as expected the doctor not concerned by this, even though I am.

She did some swabs (to check on infection) and if they are negitive she said come back and book in for bloodtests, whatever test they may be I do not know.

Anyone got any suggestions on what is going on with me?

I forgot to mention that I have been getting pains in my thighs (put this down to running and training) and also had a really back back pain right side below ribs, thought I had done something amiss when lifting weights yesterday but it has almost gone now witht he start of my third period in a month.

Please anyone???

Closed Thread