It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

onegothmama HB User
Red face Pregnant after tubal

I don't want to discourage anyone who might want to use this type of birth control, but I found out yesterday that the bout of "flu" that I had a few months ago was the harbinger of a brand new pregnancy. I have 2 children already and 16 months ago, I had a full surgical tubal sterilization (ie. the tubes were cut and cauterized) during a Cesearean delivery. According to the doctor, this is the most effective way to perform the procedure and has an incredibly low failure rate. During the post-delivery clean up when my doctor was tying the tubes, he was incredibly distracted as he had several interns to supervise and one of them had given someone in labor an incorrect dose of medication. I remember thinking "I hope he doesn't screw this up!". I am not kidding, during the actual procedure I distenctly recal having a premonition that it was not going to work. Of course, at the time I wrote it off to the morphine! WAY back in December of this year I had a month-long bout with the "flu" I did not use a home pregnancy test as I should have, although I did discuss the possibility that I might be pregnant with my doctor's nurse. She told me that there had never been a patient in their practice with a failure of a tubal when it had been done the way mine was. So, I ignored my gut (ha ha) and after a few weeks I felt better and let it go. Flash forward to two weeks ago, my husband got a good look at me in the nude and commented that my breasts were really getting huge. In fact, I had put on about 15 pounds but had attributed it to be a stay-at-home mom stuck inside with kids all winter. My first phone call to my doctor was about a week ago, after lying in bed and being positive I could feel movement. His response was that it was "gas". I'm only 23 and I'd like to hope I don't have that particular issue just yet!. It took an entire week of pestering, but i finally managed to convince a sympathetic nurse-practitioner at the practice that I NEEDED to come in for an ultrasound. Sure enough, I am expecting a baby girl in August. I am over halfway through my pregnancy! I'll keep you updated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

BuggyAndTaismom HB User
Re: Pregnant after tubal

wow...my doctor informed me that the tubal has a higher rate of working out better if you get it done at a different time then delivery

Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fishinarkansas HB User

I am so happy for you!!! I, too, had a Polmeroy technique sterilization, after my c-section with my son 6 1/2 years ago. I have been having several "pregnancy type" symptoms over the past few days and decided to take a home pregnancy test. To my surprise and splendor, it was a faint positive! I took another one with my first morning urine, and it was also a faint positive! It has only been a couple of weeks, since my last period, so I am thinking it is an early pregnancy. I do believe in the power of the Lord and Jesus and know that with their will, it shall be done! I am so thankful to them for my many blessings! Please continue to keep us all updated about your condition!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
(female)

lysadestkirra HB User

After reading your posts, I must say that I am scared. I too had a tubal ligation 3 years ago. About 3 weeks ago, I was laying on the couch and I felt "muscle spasams" in my stomach. I grabbed my tummy and my husband lifted my shirt. You could clearly see the little bump thumping through my skin. I wrote it off as simply that...... "muscle spasams". I have felt very sick for the past month. Like I have the flu, exhausted, and headaches. My period has come since the "spasams", it was a little short. And I am due again here pretty soon. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but, we already have 9 of them between the 2 of us. Six of them are mine. I can't handle another kid, that's why I had a tubal in the first place. I am worried. I think I am heading to the store for a home test. UUGGGHH!.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Note to self ladies.........

How about getting your man to get sterilized?? Even as a backup. We go through so much already as women..... Theirs is snip n' go )

Just an idea.

But as the other lady who posted....the good man up stairs will do what he wants with us...whether we like it or not.

Closed Thread