It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

Heather4 HB User
Unhappy Please HELP (WOMEN ONLY PLEASE) some embarasing symptoms :o

I have been having symptoms since I was about 13, I'm 24 now and starting to get really freaked out.

my syptoms have been getting worse and worse, now I'm to the point where I can't even function. Does anybody else have these symptoms?

-extreme fatigue

-dizzy/blackout spells

-heart racing/pounding (with very little exertion ecspecially on stairs/inclines)

-recurring infections (ears, gums,)

-legs tingle fall aleep feel really heavy (generally while standing walking although does happen other times)

-face goes numb (generally only one side or just around mouth,chin)

-very irregular periods (had one for 21mo. straight then none for almost 4mo. as soon as period stops i get a vaginal infection)

-menstrual like pain/ stabbing pains even when not on my cycle

-irregular hormone levels (estrogen was 14 while on 21mo cycle)

-small bruises mostly on legs (no injury to cause them)

-losing lots of hair, finger nails peeling

-hip,knee joint pain

I don't know whats going on but i'm really getting scared PLEASE HELP any info would really be appreciated.

I have PVCs (missfire in third ventrical of heart)
I was also treated in 2007 for cervical cancer. If any of this helps.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Please HELP (WOMEN ONLY PLEASE) some embarasing symptoms :o

Heather: When was the last time you saw your doctor? Have you had regular re-checks with your oncologist? You could still be having side effects from your treatment from the cervical cancer. Was it radiation? Chemo?

Many of your symptoms sound like anxiety. And many sound like they could be the result of a nutritional deficiancy. It could be any number of things going on, but it would probably be best to get yourself an appointment with your family physician or a follow-up with your OB/GYN or oncologist. How long has it been? And if you have been recently, what have they said?

I know when you've been through a lot, medically speaking, you get tired of going to doctors all the time, but follow-up care is so important. Especially with previous cancer.

Let us know some more about what is happening. Try not to get overwhelmed by the "not knowing". I'm sure with some further visits to your doctors, you can get some answers. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Hi Heather:

Though I never had cervical cancer, I had almost all of those symptoms leading up to an emergency hysterectomy in 1989. It became an emergency after being treated for a year when my heart became involved. My heartrate went up to 160 and would not come down. It was due to severe endemetriosis and the fact that my hormones were so far out of the ballpark they couldn't get them close even with hormone replacement therapy.

I had a complete radical hysterectomy. I also will have to take a beta blocker for the rest of my life (I was 28 at the time and am 48 now) to keep my heart rate down around 100. Otherwise, it sits at 160 and though it won't kill me, the doc said if it stayed like that for prolonged periods of time, it could wear my heart out.

I'm fine now. I Also take 2mg of Estrace per day.

I would urge you to get to a doc pronto just because you symptoms have been going on for a LONG time!! Good luck.

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 04-28-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

darkwater HB User

Heather,

I might say you are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks and some gynecological disorder (endometriosis sounds likely), but you have some other symptoms that this stuff would not cover. Your extreme fatigue, hair loss, joint pain, facial numbness, dizzy spells and strange bruises all sound like you might have an autoimmune disorder. I have endometriosis and the autoimmune disease lupus as well, and almost your entire list of symptoms sounds familar to me. Lots of abnormal pap smears for me, too, so I am always being monitored for cervical cancer. I also have had panic attacks with heart palpitations and shortness of breath from the stress of trying to be a superwoman and worrying and things just get overwhelming when you don't know how to unburden yourself. You need to do that.

One step that could help a lot is to get some testing done, since you seem like you are not well at all. You need some extensive blood and urine testing and perhaps to see a rheumatologist, depending on what the labs say. I remember driving home from the doctor when he told me that it was likely that I had lupus. You would think I would be upset, but I was not. It was the best feeling of peace that I had had in many months because I finally had a name for what was wrong with me and could go about getting some relief and attack it. Mysterious symptoms strike fear in our hearts because we always think it could be the worst, but just knowing can help us to stop feeling so helpless and at the mercy of all these symptoms.

I hope you find some answers and relief. Bless you.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
(female)

Cat Az HB User

Have your thyroid checked. Also have them check your heart. Check for anemia also. Hope you start feeling better. Are you on any meds? Sometimes meds can cause side effects Are you low on B-12?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yes......it sounds like CLASSIC TEXTBOOK thyroid problems.....
get your thyroid checked. You sound like you may be Hypo-thyroid

Old 05-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
(female)

bleigh HB User

First thing I thought was thyroid as well. Have your doctor include a full thyroid panel in your labs. Do you have mitral valve prolapse? This can cause some of the symptoms you're having as well, but certainly not all of them.

Closed Thread