It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

kel2088 HB User
What's wrong?

I'm 20, started my periods when I was about... 12 and they've always been pretty normal and regular except for the first few years which I know is normal. But for maybe the last year or so they seem to have changed. I've never had bad cramps but lately they're been horrendous. And I've been getting really bad mood swings the week before my period and for like the first few days. I've had 3 periods in the last 6 weeks, the pain on the first day of the last one was so bad I could hardly move. I spent the night in tears unable to lay down because the pain in my stomach and bottom of my back was awful. The pain is usually on the right hand side, sometimes seems to be sort of between the top of my leg and where my hip bone is and sometimes around my pubic bone area.

And the time before that I was awake all night throwing up. It was so bad my mum was going to take me to the hospital because I was in a lot of pain and the sickness wouldn't go away. I was then not able to eat properly for the rest of the week because the pain was awful.

I don't think they're as heavy as they were. They're quite heavy for the first few days then it stops to hardly anything for the rest. Then I start bleeding in between periods. It's usually not much, maybe for a few hours then it stops.

What could be wrong? A friend told me it could be an ovarian cyst. I know I should go to the doctors but I'm a bit embarrased to. Looking for some ideas what it could be.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User
Re: What's wrong?

I think it's normal for your periods to change and to experience heavier cramps and other PMS symptoms as you get older. I never had cramps as a teenager and now that i'm in my 20's I get them occasionally.

But, more importantly, you should not be embarrassed to talk to you doctor about this. That's what he/she is there for. They see these kind of things, and much much worse, on a daily basis. If it's bothering as much as it sounds, I would definitely go see your Doctor to make sure it's nothing serious, like a cyst.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: What's wrong?

OK. Doctors see parts of the human body everyday. They went to school to deal with the daily job of looking into our nooks and crannies. There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. With that being said, you need to go to the doctor. You should not be having this kind of bleeding and pain. You could have an ovarian cysts (they can rupture and possibly cause serious health issues), you could have a tubal pregnancy (I don't think you said if you are sexually active), or you may endometriosis. Of course, these are all just suggestions and you doctor is the only one who can find the root of your problem. You definitely need medical treatment and I wouldn't wait on any more suggestions here before you make an appointment.

Closed Thread