It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

Val1111 HB User
Any Good News??

Hi!
I had surgery a year ago to remove an endometrioma and my right ovary. I am 44, and have found out I have very bad estrogen dominance, and I am working with a doctor to try to balance my hormones, which I get reactions to. (Long story) Still working on it.

I have PTSD regarding the surgery, and I relive it all the time, and live in constant fear that I WILL get another cyst, tumor, or cancer.

I have an unusual question.

I have tried many message boards trying to find encouragement regarding estrogen dominance. All I read are horror stories. Is there anyone here who has or knows someone who has estrogen dominance and has NOT developed any serious health problems? Any GOOD news?
Any words of encouragement are appreciated!!!

Desperate and Scared, Val

Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: Any Good News??

Hi. I don't have this condition myself...but I wonder if you've been able to find out things you can do yourself in conjunction with the hormone therapy. Is this something that diet and aviodance of xenoestrogens might help? I'm sure many women suffer from this problem at some point and I have to think many of them have had successful treatments. Hopefully this is a condition you can try different things to see what may help you. Understandably you may have a serious condition and the trial and error of hormone therapy may be exhausting for you right now....hope my questions weren't offensive especially if they are way off base.

Sorry you are dealing with the PTSD from your surgery. I hope this will resolve for you in time. I suffered with this after my daughter was on life support as an infant. It took me 3 years to get over the fear and anxiety that I suffered on a daily basis. Maybe you could talk with a professional who can help you put your fears and anxiety in the proper context? At least you wouldn't have to suffer for years and you could possibly learn some great coping techniques to get through this tough time.

I hope someone out there who has gone through this has some great words of encouragement for you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

Val1111 HB User

Hi bleigh,
Thank you for your kind words. I am searching now for a therapist that can help me with this. I don't have one yet, I do have a regular therapist, but it has become obvious that she has no idea how to treat PTSD. So, I cry all the time, and live in constant fear.

I am glad that you got help for your fears, and that your daughter is okay.

Your questions aren't offensive at all, and I appreciate your concern. I have looked at all those things and addressed them with my doctor, but they aren't enough in themselves to help the estrogen dominance I have. I need to tolerate hormone therapy, and I don't so far.

I feel hopeless.

Thank you again,
Val

Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

bleigh HB User

I learned how to deal with my anxiety and issues alone. Was not fun and it would have been much better to go to someone who could have helped me learn how to process the anxiety quicker than I did on my own. I will say that I am grateful that I did go through it and I learned alot about myself and the power of the mind...it just would have been nice to learn the techniques early on in my suffering. Fortunately I do have a very supportive family and friends and just having their company helped tremendously. I know they helped me find the strength I needed during my lowest days. And I did sing two Christian songs over and over in my head...certainly was a healthy way to redirect my thoughts.

Sounds like you are focusing so much on fear that it is consuming your life. Just know that the fear itself or the anxiety won't hurt you. You will be ok. It is normal to be fearful of something that caused you much grief. One thing you can do is talk to your doctor who did the surgery and explain your fears. He/she may be able to calm your nerves by coming up with another plan should you ever need the surgery again. Sometimes just a change in pain meds or other drugs used during the surgery can help make the next time better. If you had more physical problems from the surgery like a bad recovery or other complication you and your doctor should be able to discuss how to be better prepared for next time if there is one. Right now just try to focus on what you have to deal with and don't put so much worry in something that may not ever happen. You've got enough on your plate trying to get your hormones straight (which could be part of what's contributing to your emotional state). Have faith that you and you doctor will find a good solution to make you feel much better even though it may take some time.
Take care!!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
(female)

Val1111 HB User

Thank you bleigh,

It is consuming my life, I feel as if I have a cloud of doom over my head now, it is inevitable. My gyn is of no use, she predicts I WILL have this again, and doesn't understand why I should be this upset. I can't find a good GYN. My hormone doctor is working with me, but I don't know if that will ever get worked out.

I can't even read a book, I feel like, what is the point, my health will be ruined again soon anyway. That's bad. I am searching for a therapist who works with PTSD, but don't have one yet. In the meantime, it is all I think about.

It is good that you were able to make progress on your anxiety issues, and that you have your faith to sustain you. I don't have any faith, and the only support I have is my husband, whom I am grateful for, but I don't have a large support system of people. Just me, hubby and my beloved cat. And the thoughts in my head that won't leave me alone.

Thanks again,
Val

Closed Thread