It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

lesha3 HB User
scared about getting a tubal done, need advice please!!

hi, i am getting a tubal done next friday, but am having second thoughts.im 41 now, i have alot of back problems and ongoing chronic pain.fibromayagia,degenerative disk disease,and osteoarthritis of spine.i know i couldnt handle being pregnant at my age with all my problems, but i am afraid to get surgery.i had a hernia surgery last year, and it was horrible.i got so sick from the anesthesia, and couldnt take the darvocet they gave me, i really suffered, and to this day, i still have pain there where the hernia was.i lost my mom 4 years ago, and dont really have any friends, so i dont have anyone to talk to.i have 2 kids, a 12 year old daughter from when i was marraid, and a 3 year old son, a absolutly adore. i talked to my boyfriend about getting a vasectomy,but of couse he wont even consider it.at my age, what is the best thing to do,take birth control for another 10 years? or get a tubal? can someone please give me some advice??

Old 05-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: scared about getting a tubal done, need advice please!!

You really should think twice before having surgery. Have you thought about having an IUD? You could try the Mirena. It can stay in place for 5 years and it is easy to have removed. Your doctor should be able to tell you if this is a good possibility for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

lesha3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleigh View Post
You really should think twice before having surgery. Have you thought about having an IUD? You could try the Mirena. It can stay in place for 5 years and it is easy to have removed. Your doctor should be able to tell you if this is a good possibility for you.
i have talked about the mirena,and the copper shield.but the problem is i have the start of emetriosis,and severe cramping with periods,the doctor said the iuds would make that worse.and with my constipation spells, im afraid the iud would get expelled with all the straining i have to do at times.plus, isnt it dangerous for a woman past 40 to take birth control hormones?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

spoiltmom HB User

I had the Mirena at one time and it completely stopped my heavy periods and cramping..I loved it! I do understand your fear of surgery... Maybe you should get a second opinion before you do it.

Closed Thread