It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

Draffie135 HB User
Abnormal Vaginal Discharge - HELP!

I'm 22 and am not currently sexually active. However I am not a virgin.

I have been experiencing excessive bleeding during my periods which is rather inconvenient and is perhaps the cause to my anaemia. However in addition to that, I have also begun to bleed during ovulation.

At first I thought it was just another symptom of ovulation: mid cycle spotting, then clear, stringy, pink-brown discharge. However just lately, I have had excess discharge that sometimes gush. It does not have a smell. I've looked online and these symptoms seem to be linked to pregnancy - however as i mentioned previously, I have not been sexually active for over a year.

I am a fairly active person, I prefer to swim at least 4 - 5 times, if not every day of the week. But as the temperature has dropped dramatically I've taken up the gym last week. Again, like the last couple of days after my cardio work outs - I gushed. I quickly rushed to the toilet to see what happened.

Today (after a fairly strenuous exercise programme), I started to bleed rather heavily that I needed to change into a pad instead of a panty liner. I've since developed cramps in my lower back and abdomen.

I'm feeling a little bit concered and am reluctant to see the doctor as I find it somewhat embarrassing. Can someone give me guidance and perhaps help me work up my courage to see the doctor?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Abnormal Vaginal Discharge - HELP!

you should go and see the obgyn it could be just a change in your cycle ive had weird things happen over the years myself but better to be safe than sorry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
(female)

bleigh HB User

Ok. I've yet to understand why people are too embarrassed to go to the doctor about something that is affecting their health. You obviously are having an issue that is severe enough to cause anemia and it's getting worse. It is NOT normal to be bleeding this often. Changes in your cycle can happen, but this does not sound like your problem. I'd like for you and anyone else who's embarrassed to see the doctor, especially an OB/GYN, to understand they've been trained to look at the human body. This is their job. They will understand your modesty and do what they can to make you comfortable. You have a problem and only a doctor can help you. You should call and make and appointment Monday morning. Ask about the possibility of endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and thyroid problems.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I normally have quite a bit of discharge during ovulation to the point that I have to wear a pantiliner. It ranges from thick to watery. I've had the watery discharge actually go through my jeans and it looked like I peed my pants by a tiny bit! I've learned that it's normal for me and I just have to wear pantiliners and I'm fine.

As far as the bleeding goes, it sounds like your cycle is just off. It's not normal to bleed like that during ovulation.

Last edited by microwave; 05-03-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
(female)

Draffie135 HB User

Thank you all so much for your response. I no longer have the cramps and I only bled for the one day (after my exercise). But I shall go to the doctors next week as I'm also due for another blood test (to monitor my anaemia).

Just to tie me over till I do see the doctors: I've had discharge from thick to really watery as well during ovulation, but is it normal to have a pink or pink-brown tinge to it? A quick search on the internet, it seems it's a pregnancy related symptom. I highly doubt I am pregnant!

microwave - I have exactly the same problem. Do you know of ways to reduce the amount of discharge during ovulation?

bleigh - I'm vegetarian and have just recently returned from a year of backpacking so it has made my anaemia significantly worse. As to being afraid of the doctors and to have them such invasive inspection of a person is rather terrifying thought for many. But thank you for your contribution, I shall try and conquer my fears at the doctors next week :S

Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

It is normal for some women to have pinkish discharge when they are ovulating. There is no way to lower the amount of discharge you having during ovulation unless you stop ovulation completely by going on the pill. Or maybe you could douche every other day when ovulating and hope that washes it out for a few days?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
(female)

bleigh HB User

Please see your doctor before doing any at home treatments such as douching. This is one of the worst ways to upset your natural PH levels. You also do not want to interfere with your flora as your doctor needs to be able to test your vaginal environment in the state it's currently in. Hope that makes sense. Your doctor may recommend douching (though I highly doubt it) to help control some of the ovulation symptoms you're having.

Yes, I understand the concerns of having such an intimate exam. I've been pre childbirth myself and have suffered those uncomfortable feelings...still do. But, those feelings should never be a reason not to contact your doctor when you're having a medical problem that needs to be treated. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well and that you can get some much needed relief soon.

Closed Thread