It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
(female)

ItsJustMe_Liz HB User
Pregnant? :/

I'm 28 years old. I went through years of having very irregular periods. I could go a couple months without one and then sometimes have one for 3 weeks straight off and on.

However... I've been pretty regular for the last few years now. Very regular... like clock work. I can always start preparing for it around the same time each month. And I always know when I'm about to start a few days before hand.

Now I'm a bit worried. My last period was during the last week of March... started March 25, and lasted about 4 days. It is now May 4, and I have yet to see any sign of starting my period. I basically skipped all of April and now I'm into May.

I've been feeling weird. My stomach hurts a lot and I feel sick a lot. Basically, my stomach just has a constant nagging. Sometimes food makes it feel better temperarely. I've also been going to the bathroom a lot lately... 1 and 2. But I haven't been having what I consider morning sickness... I'm having what I consider all day and night stomach nagging/sickness/pain.

Me and my boyfriend were thinking that I could very well be pregnant. But I've taken 2 pregnancy test. The first one I took was the digital kind that tells you the words 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'. I took it around the end of April. I took the second one, which is one with the lines '-' or '+' just a few days ago. They both came back negative, saying that I was not pregnant.

I don't get it.

Several of my friends have told me to just wait another week and then test again. They said it's possible that I could be pregnant and that maybe I'm just someone that takes extra time for the pregnany hormone to be strong enough to show up.

I don't know...

So... does it sound like I might be pregnant? Why the negative on both test?
Maybe it's just too soon to tell?

That first test I took said that it would tell you even days before your missed period... that's the only reason I took it so soon.

???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Pregnant? :/

Silly question, but why not go to the doctors and have a blood test done? Youll know within a few hours and it will be 100% accurate...those types of tests you are taking, are fairly accurate for some women, but for others, they will never show positive, even when you are 8 months pregnant...some women, just dont show the hormone levels in their urine.
Good luck, whatever happens..

Old 05-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
(female)

ItsJustMe_Liz HB User
Re: Pregnant? :/

I didn't want to go to the doctor so soon. I was planning to do that once I was a full month late. I just wanted an idea of what to think beforehand.

Update... I'm not pregnant.

Closed Thread