It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

happily_saved HB User
Sex with Fiance, No protection, Possibility of pregnancy?

My fiance and I are getting married in a week but we have been having sex for the past two months or so. He has never ejaculated inside me, but we have never used any form of birth control either up until 7days ago.

I read up on pre-c-um and talked to planned parenthood and was told it is possible to get pregnant from pre-c-um (especially if he is inside me after ejaculating outside of me). Sorry if its TMI.

I started YAZ 7 days ago and was told by the pharmacist that it could take 2 weeks on it for it to start working without a secondary form of Birth control.

We have been having sex though for a month and a half without ANY form of birth control (but he hasn't ejaculated inside of me). We had sex all through the time I ovulated this month as well. My last period started April 21st and lasted 5 days.

Is there a chance now though that I could be pregnant?

Can't take a pregnancy test close to my period any time soon because my period will be delayed a week from the YAZ.

Last edited by Mod08; 05-06-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Please post on the Women's Health Board/TTC Board until you have a confirmed pregnancy. Thank you.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Sex with Fiance, No protection, Possibility of pregnancy?

Why can't you take a pregnancy test? I don't see how that has to do with your Yaz... but that's the only way to tell for sure. Also, if it's really early on, it may not be accurate anyway.

With NO birth control and him not ejaculating inside of you, you're about 75-80% protected. So there is still a good possibility, but it's more safe than not. Good thing you started the pill if you aren't ready for children! Some people can just pull out and have been lucky, but I know people who had kids that way.

I'm on Yasmin so it may be a little different, but if you started your pill right when your period started, usually you are protected from the start of taking the pill. If you started the Sunday after your period, it takes 1-2 weeks for it to start working. Either way is a correct way to start and it's just a preference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread