It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

brittanyconner HB User
Unhappy They can't find out what's wrong!

Well... Here is my story, it's a little long... BUT I need advice so badly... Please read it!

I had my son December 14, 2006. I got an IUD put in a couple months after that. For about the past year I have been getting really bad pain in my lower right quadrant. I thought that it was just from the IUD that I had put in. I would get these really sharp pains in my LRQ and it would go away within a couple seconds and it would help if I lifted my right leg against my abdomen. This would happen about every other week at first. Then I would get the pain if I sneezed or laughed to hard, it almost felt like something was ripping or pulling. Then 2 months ago I would get a crap/pain in the same spot and it would literally drop be because it hurt so bad. Then they started lasting a couple hours and it would happen about once a week. Then about 1 month ago the pain got terrible and it was lasting for hours nearly everyday. I couldn't do anything but sit there and it killed to pick up my son.

I went to an OB/GYN because I thought that my IUD was maybe poking the inside of my uterus. They did an exam and immediately sent my for an ultra sound because my pain was so severe. From the ultra sound the said I had a lot of adhesions and a large pocket of fluid. They then did a laparoscopy to see what was going on. They found NOTHING, except that my intestines and colon were very swollen.

I was referred for a colonoscopy because they were thinking that I had Crohns disease. They went in again and found NOTHING. I have had completely liquid bowel movements for the past 5 weeks. They pain is still in my lower right quadrant and now sometimes in my lower left quadrant. My back has started hurting on the lower right side. The pain is insanely bad, the constant diarrhea is effecting my work. I am at my last straw here.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
(male)

hermes370 HB User
Re: They can't find out what's wrong!

what did the biopsies show on the colonoscopy ... you can have what's called a microscopic colitis(two subtypes collagenous and lymphocytic ? of a 3rd mixed picture) which have normal appearing colonscopy(direct visualization) but abnormal pathologic findings(special stains of the cells/cellular material from biopsies) ... generally it causes nonbloody chronic watery diarrhea, can be either intermittent or continuous diarrhea(even can have a sinlges episode)

you can see it in all ages, although usually middle-aged and usually women, and you can have nausea/vomiting/abdominal pain along with it

but you should make sure that you follow up with your gastroenterologist, as they would better be able to assess you for what's going on ...

best of luck

Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

SShoberg HB User

Hi, when was your last pap done? Even if it was in the last year you should probably get another one. Are your periods normal? If you give a little more information I might have an idea.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: They can't find out what's wrong!

Brittany

I don't know what is causing your pain and other problems. My prayers are with you and I am praying the dr will diagnose what is causing all of this quickly.

Take care Brittany, Nadine

Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
(female)

brittanyconner HB User

Well I got my biopsies from the GI... somewhat abnormal, but it doesn't directly point to any one thing. He put me on some medicine for microscopic colitis, he said if thats what it is then the meds will help and we will know whats going on, if not, more tests. He thinks that the extreme pain has nothing to do with the GI issue, so now I have to go back to the gyn... I am going to have the IUD taken out soon hopefully.

------"Hi, when was your last pap done? Even if it was in the last year you should probably get another one. Are your periods normal? If you give a little more information I might have an idea"

I think it was about a year ago, I mentioned this to the gyn and she didn't think I needed to have another one done quite yet for some reason. I have no periods because of the IUD, just spotting every couple of months...

Last edited by brittanyconner; 05-22-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Closed Thread